Looking for like minded people looking to lose 50+ lbs for motivation/support :)

Options
When I got married I weighed 108lbs (looking back, not so healthy, but I ate like a horse and worked out allll the time, it was what it was), flash forward ten years and I weigh 206 :neutral: I am working through a sensible diet and increased activity in hopes of getting down to around 130-140 (that's when I felt healthiest). So if I hit in the middle (135) that's about 70lbs to lose!

Right now I'm in an 8 week team weight challenge and so my "mini goal" is to lose 10-15lbs between now - mid June.

Would love to chat with others who have similar goals to help support/motivate each other! :smiley:

Replies

• Introvertbelle27
    Introvertbelle27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get to around the same weight you're aiming at and I started at around the same place, (I'm 186 now) and I was hoping for some support/motivation too. Add me?
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me as a friend - My goal is -125lbs. Not a small goal at all, but with many milestones to go through as well.
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yep. Close to where you are. 218 now and need to drop about 70lbs. Feel free to add me. We can do this!
  • Nausicca55
    Nausicca55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm at 200 now, aiming for 120 - 125. Feel free to add me.
  • hbratset
    hbratset Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of losing 40 or so lbs. You all can add me. I am motivated and log in often and can help motivate you, but you will not see me logging in for 35+ days in a row for example, as I take frequent phone/screen breaks to help me stay healthy in other ways too. ;)
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi. My final goal is pretty much the same as yours but I weigh 224lb at the moment so nearly 90lb to go! I've just started back again. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • hazelbaby86
    hazelbaby86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My final goal is about the same. I am currently a 911 dispatcher and lead a very sedentary life style and definitely need to make some changes for a healthier me so I can be around for my daughter. I am definitely one that tended to give up easily on the diet/exercise front because I didn't have the motivation. I do best when I have the support (I.e working out with someone or just knowing I have friends going through the same thing). Feel free to add me so we can help each other achieve our goals :)
  • rubydrm
    rubydrm Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My goal is about the same! I have always been chubby but I thinned out after high school and when I met my husband I was at my lowest weight...120. That is where I want to be again--but this time strong and lean, a healthier 120-130 lbs. Now I have ballooned up to 190 (actually fluctuates between 180 and 195) and just want to have a healthier body. Feel free to add me everyone! Let's all make our goals happen together :)