seems ive hit a brick wall

Options
Think i might need some help. Ive been on 1200 calorie program for about 3 weeks. I was loosing some...but the scale hasnt budged in a week...
I am exercising every day as well. Should i cut more calories?
All ideas will help...thanks

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    How do you know you're hitting that 1,200 mark? Are you measuring and weighing out your food on a food scale?
  • brendamadden_847
    brendamadden_847 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im usually under the 1200 mark by at least 200 calories. No i dont have a scale, but i will look for one
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    A week of not losing is not enough to tell if you actually aren't losing. On 1200 calories (assuming your logging correctly) it's highly unlikely you aren't losing. There are a lot of things that mask fat loss, water retention, where you are on your cycle, the amount of food in your stomach, whether you had a BM (sorry if that's TMI). Do not cut more calories, continue doing what your doing and wait it out, you'll likely see a drop in scale weight soon.
  • brendamadden_847
    Options
    Ok thanks...i will stay where im at.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Think i might need some help. Ive been on 1200 calorie program for about 3 weeks. I was loosing some...but the scale hasnt budged in a week...
    I am exercising every day as well. Should i cut more calories?
    All ideas will help...thanks

Eating under 1,200 calories can harm your body. Any nutritionist or "fit chick" will tell you, you have to eat in order to build muscle and maintain your body. Yes, you are trying to lose weight, but by eating less than 1,200 calories you are doing nothing but harm to your health. Are you weighing or measuring your food? Are you logging everything (i.e. condiments, drinks, late-night snacks, "bites" of food)? These all matter and go towards your daily calorie goal. Even vitamins have calories! You can do it. Keep going. Maybe try walking and incorporating some sort of fitness into your diet as well!
  • brendamadden_847
    Options
    Hi thanks for your message, yes i add all condiments but im not weighing my food...yet, only because i dont have a scale yet, i will get one this week...on night shift ugh!