Saying goodbye to baby weight for baby #2 not as easy!

Options
Hi there,

I'm fairly new to this site and am looking for new friends to share helpful ideas, tips, or recipes with and motivate one another. 7 months ago I had my second boy, and I gained 90lbs while pregnant. I lost 70lbs in half a year after being pregnant with my first son getting down to 120lbs (smallest I've ever been) and well this weight loss journey isn't quite the fairy tale I was hoping for. I've lost over 50 but haven't budged in over a month. I have a little over 30lbs to go and am ready to kick it into high gear which is why I am here! Trying something new. So feel free to add me!

~Dayna
Mom of two in Ottawa

Replies

• keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat, basically. Except I'm losing the weight after my 3rd son. My weight after the 2nd one came off pretty easily but this is the hardest so far.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request! You are off to a great start... this website is full of support and motivation to reach your goals!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I feel your pain! My 3rd child is 1 1/2 and I am still trying to lose the last 15 pounds!!! This site is really WONDERFUL,so many great motivating,positive,nice people.If you are having a bad day the people on here really help you through it and keep you going!If you are having a good day they are so happy that you are happy!I am on here WAY more than Facebook.I have read alot of great info on alot of different subjects.MFP rocks!!!!Welcome!!!:smile:
  • fenix1976
    fenix1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Same here my boy is 16 months had the depo jab..put on 24 pounds....trying to get it off now, and then some :-)
  • daynalee30
    daynalee30 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome messages and adds! Its nice to see so many other mommies in the same boat and already well on their way. I think I could learn a lot from you guys and get out of my rut and finish my weight loss too! :)
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm in the same situation....except my "baby" will be 2 next month!!!! He was almost 11 pounds @ birth & totally ruined my body...not that it was that great to beging with!!! Sent you a friend request!!
  • daynalee30
    daynalee30 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks for adding me! And if it makes you feel any better, my little guy was 7lbs 8oz and I still gained 90lbs and ruined my body lol.
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I just gave birth to my second baby 5 months ago! It's been hard juggling a full time job, 2 kids ( well 3 if you count my husband ) a new home and fitness! I only gained 36 lbs with both and I still have 7 pounds to go! The longer I do this the more I realize its not about the number but about how you feel! Good job and congratulations on your new member! Feel free to add me for support
  • Imtherunner
    Imtherunner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!!
  • nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Options
    Congrats to all of you for losing baby weight- the hardest type! I only hope I can be as proactive when I have children :)
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm fairly new to this site and am looking for new friends to share helpful ideas, tips, or recipes with and motivate one another. 7 months ago I had my second boy, and I gained 90lbs while pregnant. I lost 70lbs in half a year after being pregnant with my first son getting down to 120lbs (smallest I've ever been) and well this weight loss journey isn't quite the fairy tale I was hoping for. I've lost over 50 but haven't budged in over a month. I have a little over 30lbs to go and am ready to kick it into high gear which is why I am here! Trying something new. So feel free to add me!

~Dayna
    Mom of two in Ottawa

I am sort of in the same boat. I am trying to loose the 20kgs I put on while preg with my 4th girl. It isn't budging :( Finding it so hard. Bubs is now 5 months old.
  • dentzal
    dentzal Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I am in the same boat. I had twins 10 months ago and was a massive 213lbs when I gave birth!! I lost 30lbs within the first couple of months (they were most of that!!) and then I got stuck at 187lbs for a while. In January I went back to work and what with the lack of sleep and the running around (we have a 3 year old too) added to the lack of eating I am now only about 7lbs off my pre pregnancy weight which sounds great but I have now plateaued. I am exhausted much of the time and my exercise is limited to pushing the pram with all 3 of them on it to the park after work. Every day MFP tells me I am under my calorie intake which I know is bad but can't seem to find a way to up it which is quick - i eat tons of veggies etc anyway. Ideally I want to get down to 154lbs and I am at 166. I'm 5'9
    Anyway I would love a bit of support too and any ideas and we can certainly try to motivate each other!
    x
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... When DD2 was 18 months old I wondered, "When does 'baby weight' turn into 'weight'?" and started exercising the next day. I've lost 30 lb since January, mainly with running the Couch to 5K and Jillian Michaels DVDs. I now run 3-4 times a week, 3-4 miles at a time.
    Are any of you breastfeeding? I'm still nursing #2, which I find wonderful, but hard to lose some of the fat deposits that my body keeps for making milk. I know that breastfeeding moms lose weight in their hips and tummies faster than formula feeding moms after birth and throughout the breastfeeding process, but I also know that the last few pounds the body hangs onto for dear life to keep making milk. I'm trying to be zen about it. Some days I succeed, others not so much.
  • April1975MFP
    Options
    Hi, I am new here also and am trying to shed the baby weight from my last pregnancy (she is 5 months) and my first 2 boys. I am hoping to make new friends too so we can support each other on this journey. Please feel free to add me.