New to MFP, and a Better Me

Options
Hi Everyone, I just joined MFP yesterday, after my roommate told me so many awesome things about it. I used to be really athletic in high school and over the years I kinda let it go. While I remained about the same size, most of the muscle turned to fat which is no cause for celebration. I have always known I should take note of what I eat (aka not eat out so much) and exercise on a regular basis, but I always found some lame excuse.

I'm really excited about as I actually now have a better way to track my nutrition and also feel encouraged to get off the couch and start moving. I'm looking forward to gain support as I don't just settle for just ok health, but really become the best me I can be!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck.
    Log on everyday and take it slow. Educate yourself on healthy foods and try to stay away from processed and fast foods. Eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains and fresh meats and fish. Cook for youself. Don't buy thing that are going to tempt you. If it's not in the house you can't eat it. Get healthy snacks. Read the lables and watch PORTIONS> If you get yourself a food scale it really helps keep you within portions. Log in your foods before you eat them. If the numbers are too high make another choice. It's like a puzzle. Once you make all the pieces fit, you are able to see the whole picture
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • Imtherunner
    Imtherunner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!
  • hoopzfanatic
    hoopzfanatic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Aweome that you are taking these steps! Congrats. The information here is right on point. Eating the right food and focusing on the portion sizes we need are key factors to remember. That was one of my biggest downfalls as I have always continued playing sports or going to the gym. I was just taking in way(!!!) too many calories. MFP has definitely helped me understand that. I do much better now although I still need help on reaching for comfort food when I get stressed!

Good luck to you!