Thing's you have heard from others about your diet that are false or just tick you off.

Options
1235»

Replies

• ehrenlynae7
    ehrenlynae7 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My mother tells me she thinks CICO is too restrictive - though she regularly does the South Beach Diet - I'm like you don't eat bread or fruit or sugar. That's restrictive.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who in the same breath with tell me its ok to treat yo'self coz she knows how hard I am working and then ask me if I should really be treating muh self. She's tall and slender and I saw her budget the other week on accident because she left it on her desk and she spends $400 a month on fast food, I don't know how she does it.

I'm 12 weeks pregnant and my new favorite is the pitty I'm getting from everyone... "Oh, you lost all that weight and now you're going to get so fat..." Nope, actually, it's called eating well at maintenance level and staying active. OB says its ok for me to maintain my current weight the entire time. You just have to not eat for two!

When people ask me what I did to lose so much weight, I tell them I eat a pine cone every morning for breakfast for fiber, soaked in cat urine for the detoxing effects. More entertaining than watching them check out of my CI<CO story.

Uhhhhh.... you are freaking awesome with that pinecone thing!
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    When people ask me about my weight loss, I just pull up the app on my phone and show it to them. I take less than a minute to explain the counting calories philosophy. After that I don't really care if they agree or not. I just say it works for me.

What really irks me though, is a lot of posts in the forums here pushing to lose weight you have to "eat clean", cut out processed foods, no alcohol,,,,,blah blah blah. Nope, calories in / calories out.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    While I'm eating a chocolate bar "oh I guess you gave up on your diet"

l6l4hdqvjz9i.jpg
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    These are hilarious! Thank you so much for posting. I'm fortunate that I don't have too many of these comments - other than the occasional untactful comment that comes out of DH's mouth before he thinks better of it.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    caprice721 wrote: »
    I AM NOT ON A DIET! I can't stand it when my husband announces to his family that I won't eat something because I'm "on a diet."

I can eat what ever I want to eat! And I do!

So true!!!!!!
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    While I'm eating a chocolate bar "oh I guess you gave up on your diet"

This one drives me nuts. Also: 'You can't eat that, you'll gain it all back!!'
    One chocolate bar does not 80lbs of fat make.

Yes, exactly! I hate the "oh I guess you don't want cake/ice cream/etc because of your diet." No, I will eat whatever I want and log it. I hate when people assume that I "can't" have a piece of cake or a hamburger. Or that I'm giving up on my "diet" by eating things like this.

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Another thing that really annoyed me was someone asking how I lost weight. I brought up calorie counting, but they were only interested in exercise. As soon as I said I did run, they insisted that was the primary reason I lost.
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Aaaaah, I hate this. I have one girlfriend who insists that the only reason I lost weight is because I started running. I only would run once or twice a week (I should start again), my weightloss happened because I stopped eating so much junk. But that would be too boring, and she does not want to give up her chips and soda.
    I get the "must be the running" conclusion, too. For some reason, they never seen to register the eat less part. I try to tell them I didn't lose weight by running, I run *because* I lost weight, but that never registers. I guess since everybody sees me running around our tiny town but never sees me weighing and logging my food they don't make the connection.

It's even more frustrating to see a girlfriend of mine spend hours every day at the gym, trudging away on the elliptical, getting shin splints on the treadmill and beating herself up in boot camp, but not tracking her food. I'll log every day of my life if it means I never have to do a single burpee. Thanks to MFP, I can do workouts because I like them, and eat the foods I love and still be healthy!
    caprice721 wrote: »
    I AM NOT ON A DIET! I can't stand it when my husband announces to his family that I won't eat something because I'm "on a diet."

I can eat what ever I want to eat! And I do!

And AMEN!!!! One GUARANTEED way to get me to eat something is to tell me I can't lose weight if I eat it! I've chomped down many office treats and family potluck dishes simply because someone said "you probably can't eat this".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!