If you could erase 1 song from history which would it be and why?

Options

Replies

• Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Barbie Girl by Aqua. Please, for the love of God, KILL IT WITH THE FLAMES OF A THOUSAND SUNS!!! :|
  • RJ0274
    RJ0274 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid - Even Bob Geldof admitted he hates the song and he wrote it!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Hello- Adele because it is just stupid and annoying

and I can't pick just one because Aerosmith- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing drives me crazy, all I can think of when I hear that song is waking up to Steven Tyler staring at me with his huge creepy teeth.
  • PalePocahontas
    PalePocahontas Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Adele - Hello.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the Macarena...only because I'll never get the sight of my grandpa drunken macarena-ing at my high school graduation....

No Rain by Collective Soul. I hate that bee girl and I hate that dude's voice.

All Dave Mathews Band. I know people love them, but his voice irks me. I actually wouldn't mind the band if they had a different singer.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Shake if Off by Taylor Swift. Do I also have the option of erasing her from history? My reason is simple: Overplayed, formulaic garbage. She has saturated every aspect of pop-culture and I can't avoid her.
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the Macarena...only because I'll never get the sight of my grandpa drunken macarena-ing at my high school graduation....

All Dave Mathews Band. I know people love them, but his voice irks me. I actually wouldn't mind the band if they had a different singer.

No Rain is Blind Melon... I agree
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Imagine...I hate that song.
    synchkat wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Andy Grammer - Honey I'm Good.

Congrats on not cheating on your wife, dude. Your song about it sucks.

Yes!!!!!

or that Shut Up and Dance With Me

Hate them both!
  • aliceband21
    aliceband21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Blurred Lines, by Robin Thicke (or at least the official video)
    Encourages objectification of women, coercive sex and casual flings - all in a scarily catchy way
  • enterdanger
    Options
    VikMcAnik wrote: »

crap. you're right. I hate them so much I forgot which band did it. (Also not a collective soul fan....runaway train never coming back....) lol
  • VikMcAnik
    Options
    VikMcAnik wrote: »

crap. you're right. I hate them so much I forgot which band did it. (Also not a collective soul fan....runaway train never coming back....) lol

That's Soul Asylum...and I agree again...lol
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Lips of an Angel (shudder)
    UGH! Hate this one too

• enterdanger
    Options
    LOL @VikMcAnik See...I have a block. An awful block. I also hate anything by CREED.
  • VikMcAnik
    Options
    LOL @VikMcAnik See...I have a block. An awful block. I also hate anything by CREED.

Let's add Nickelback as well...
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John. I had to do a dance routine to it as a child (representing 80's fads in a "music through the decades" themed show) and still suffer from the emotional scars.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Friday by Rebecca Black.... all lil wayne and future songs lately because I don't know what they're sayin' lol
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    All of Adele songs and Myley Sirus could die forever.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    All of Adele songs and Myley Sirus could die forever.

So agreed, J! Adele is *kitten* depressing!
  • BarbellBabe87
    BarbellBabe87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey there Delilah for numerous reasons. Too many to list.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    "Let it go" - if you're a parent, you'll understand

^ This. So this.