Newbie runner

Options
Hi all. So my hubby and I will be starting a running program. We are both very new and would love some advice. Gear breather foot placement... thanks!

Replies

• janikvacon
    janikvacon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
  • janikvacon
    Options
    Thank you!
  • 1triciakae
    1triciakae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh running shoes are a must other wise you may end up with a black toe nail! I know from personal experience it has been a year and its still growing out.
  • janikvacon
    Options
    Got shoes todat! Saucony. And went for a walk run with my hubby! It was so nice fun and amazing!
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead for a 5 k funrun in say 3 to 6 months. It is easier to have a goal. Helps with motivation and getting you out the door on those rainy days. Have fun
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I began running in December I used c25k I can now run 12k quite comfortably - not bad when I couldn't run a minute when I started - feel free to add me cx
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the c25k app!
  • filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    janikvacon wrote: »
    Got shoes todat! Saucony. And went for a walk run with my hubby! It was so nice fun and amazing!
    I routinely buy Saucony. Great brand and they hold up very well.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I began running in December I used c25k I can now run 12k quite comfortably - not bad when I couldn't run a minute when I started - feel free to add me cx

12K comfortably. Count me impressed. My distance record is just over 10 K; 6.65 miles.
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started C25K about a year ago, and since then have run in many races, including a half marathon and am doing a full marathon in a few months. My advice is to take it slow. Your speed comes with time. The C25k program does a great job of building your running base. Take your time, get good shoes, and give it time. I agree with the others that planning for a race (like a 5K) is a great idea to keep you motivated.