Time to Change! You Guys in?

Options
Hey!

Been on MVP for a while but never actually tried the community side of things, so excited to try this out :smile:

I've always had problems with my weight and for the last few years have been the poster girl for yoyo dieting. I'd loose a chunk then 'reward' myself by eating so much junk I'd land back at square one 6 months later

My mates are all amazing they're really encouraging that I'm back at the gym... but they are the sort of people that can eat what ever they want and get away with it so, on the diet side, they lack experience

Fancy joining fat fighting forces?

So that's it... Eating healthy, break from the booze, no more smoking and working out

I'm looking to loose 25-30 lbs and keep it off ... ROCK ON!

Replies

• dreamingdaisies
    dreamingdaisies Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Heya,
    similar story here, been doing this a while but haven't tried to connect with anyone and also have a tendency to take it very seriously for just long enough to make a difference and then allow myself a celebration and end up back where I started. It's getting old now and actually I've faced up to the hard truth that I've yoyo'd not just to the same weight each time but up and up and up and now I need to lose ideally round 50lbs to be at a good place again. Healthy eating, gymming, resisting bad temptation like on nights out haha!
    I definitely need help to keep the motivation up though. So joining forces would be great!!
  • TheLifeDetoxer
    TheLifeDetoxer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We can start a anti yoyo gang!!!

Awesome job, I know what you mean about the tempting nights out!

Feeling good about this dude, lets get involved :smiley:
  • gasmakallio
    gasmakallio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in.... Same story
  • TheLifeDetoxer
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend dude! X
  • sophiaht
    sophiaht Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the anti-yoyo gang!! I'm looking for MFP friends but I don't know how to add people.
    I'm doing the 5:2 thing and it's working so far but I fell off the wagon for a month. Back on the Fast train again though.
  • TheLifeDetoxer
    Options
    I'll add you dude, welcome to Yoyo unite
  • la2511
    la2511 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd love to join in too plz. My name is Lesley, I'm from Glasgow & today is the first I've felt motivated to start agin after a long depressing winter. Might have something to do with the sun shining all day but hey ho long may it continue. I've been struggling with my weight for the past few years & I've dipped in & out of MFP but the novelty always wears off but this time I'm determined to succeed. I've never joined a community so looking forward to sharing the journey and meeting new friends
  • TheLifeDetoxer
    Options
    Hey there! Awesome, lots of us seem to be new. I'm like you, never used the community some of MFP. I'm sure we can help each other reach our goals x