Sugar Intake

Options
I am having trouble keeping my sugar intake down. The problem is, most of my sugar is from fruits and veggies. I don't eat sweets or drink sodas or anything like that. I don't even eat a lot of bread. Mostly fruits and veggies. When I finish my food diary everyday, I am under in calories and over in sugar. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've decided to not worry about it for awhile since it's not empty calories, but real food. I will watch for awhile to see how I do, and tweak later if needed. I did lose 5# in the first month, so at this point I'm watching the sugars another month without making changes.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    i don't eat fruit... psychological issues with it!

But sugar that comes from fruit and sugar that comes from chocolate/lollies/icecream is very different. I would watch that it doesn't go too far over, but wouldn't be stressing too much about it.
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I deleted the sugar intake off of my diary and focus on sodium, protien, carbs, calories, and fiber!

The sugar is way high if I eat fruit, and fruit sugar is different from milk sugar and, sugar-sugar :)

I've heard its best to eat fruit before 3pm so you can metabolize it, so ive been trying to eat all of my fruit before then, and besides that not paying attention to sugar.

I KNOW by the foods I enter if I'm actually eating "sugar" or not, and fruit, especially berries, have a lot of fiber and are less in sugar than others!! like pineapple has A LOT of sugar.

You can google sugar in fruits and see the list of which ones are high and which are low, the lower they are the more fiber they seem to have and less calories too!!
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    I'm having the same problem....I am almost 600 calories below my daily goal, but my sugars are high because I eat a lot of apples and bananas.....

can you actually delete it off your diary so I don't have to feel disappointed for eating an apple?
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    if weightloss is your goal cut fruit and stick to veggies and take a multi vitamin or do 2 pieces of fruit a day and watch servings.
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    same here. the sugar intake it allows me allows me to eat my morning banana and that is it, i dont eat to much fruit as it is but considering one servign of fruit puts me over i prefer to not pay to close of attention to it. Like previous posts im focusing first on eating better and working out so that i can get in the healthy habit and begin to lose weight. Then I will begin tweaking the certain things like less sugar and more potassium.
  • veggie_1200
    Options
    I have the same problem, but I'm not going to worry too much about it because it's a lot better to eat fruit than to reach for that chocolate bar! My goal is to try and eat natural and not to go over my daily calories and I think that will work well. Besides, I can't give up fruit...It's too delicious!
  • GirlGettingFit37
    GirlGettingFit37 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same exact thing. I do have a major sweet tooth, but I am trying my hardest to keep it in check. So on most days I know that I don't eat too much sugar, but eat a lot of fruits and veggies I am still over. I decided not to worry about it too much when I know for a fact I am not eating a bunch of refined sugars but from natural sugars.
  • Jillyrabbit
    Options
    you can change any of your food settings by clicking food tab then click the settings button...change it and save it.
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I changed it! Thanks!