I'm Lost..

Options
hey everyone
This is just a post more or less to vent about my current set back. I was doing so well and almost hit 30lb loss and for some reason started eating junk again :( now I'm having a hard time getting back on track. Anyone else experience something similar? and tips to help a lost girl get back on track. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a great summer so far :)

Replies

• May4thbewithme2015
    May4thbewithme2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im having the exact same problem right now. Its frustrating. Good luck. Im just trying to stay strong :) You can do it!
  • aims78
    aims78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing, I had almost 30 pounds lost too...Unfortunately I am still working on getting back on track myself. We can be friends if you want and try and support each other and get each other out of this funk we are in...
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too - often! (bump) I find that I can take a break from this website and get re focused. Sometimes this helps. Other times, just hanging out on this web site inspires me to do better as I see the success of others. Also reading new material from magazines or web sites about nutrition and exercise help also. Getting new and fresh ideas. Good luck!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    hi i was sort of the same, lost about 35lbs then got a sickness bug and after that didnt do any exercise and ate crap for months and put back about 6lbs :( mood suffered really badly and ended up being classed as "depressed" which made it harder to get back into.

then i came back on mfp and heard people raving about the 30 day shred by J.Michaels i decided to break out my copy and magically i got back on board, the eating followed suit quite quickly and when i saw the scales creeping back down i started feeling so much better.

hope you find your mojo again x
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... I don't think there is a member on MFP that HASN'T had a setback now and then. It look me a lot of years to even get going. Then I'd stop until the next time I made up my mind to start again. You are not alone! Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time and you will start seeing results one week at a time. We all stall in our journeys, but the key to success is to never give up. Use the community here to motivate, support and inspire you. Having others who have been there will help you through any hard times. Welcome!
  • monica1515
    monica1515 Posts: 65
    Options
    I personally think we all go through something like that. Life isn't about perfection, its about consistency! I think you've done the most important thing, posted on here for encouragement. You're already aware that this is not something you want to continue, so don't! You're a strong woman, you have to be to be near the 30lb mark - that is AMAZING! Keep up the good work!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

This is a really good time to do some soul searching. Ask questions like, How hard were you hitting it? Did you give yourself short term goals? Have you lost your motivation? Is your vision for the right reason, or just to get skinny? This last one cannot sustain you.
    Point is you gotta do it to be healthy and also your body may be missing someting. What are you craving? I know that I did recently lose all motivation to be healthy and a friend of mine that is only a few years older stated that if she didn't get in shape now it was never gonna happen. That alone gave me the mindset to find motivation and that is were my fitness pal came into play.

Also another question is what kinda activities and people are you hanging out with? You made the right step by reaching out. Make some like minded friends or aquaintences. Volunteering to get your mindset off yourself is a really good idea as well.
    These are just my thoughts and I sure hope it helps. The main idea is just to to a self assessment to see where your mind set is. I hope you find your motivation and that God will cause the dilligence of your efforts to be fruitful.
    :flowerforyou: Be well
  • divanikki
    divanikki Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm starting out again, for the 30th time it seems. This time I decided not to totally get rid of the sweets. This time I figure them in and exercise to be able to have a small calorie yummy if I want it. I feel better and like I'm not suffering. I hope you feel better and just look at this like a small setback. Good Luck!!
  • MissSjolin
    MissSjolin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies! just that little bit of encouragement has already made me want to start fresh and get at it again. Its so nice to not feel alone and everyone on here is so amazing. Feel free to add me as a friend and hopefully I can give back some of the support you have already given me :)
  • GirlGettingFit37
    GirlGettingFit37 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I have found myself in that same exact spot. Over and over again. Even 64 lbs lost later, I still find myself in that situation. I just have to regroup and start fresh. I have learned over these past 18 months is to take one day at a time and not to let the bad choices of one day or meal even turn into bad choices for the week. It is so much easier said than done, but the closer I get to my goal the easier it is for me to get myself back on track.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I went on a hormonal binge last week after loosing 1 lb, i gained 3 back. that was aggrivating. something that helped was looking at everyones before & after pic. That has helped me get focused & back on track.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Yea, this used to happen to me alot in the past. I would lose alotta weight then get the cravings for the junk food the gain the weight back. I would guess that the body's not completely used to the new diet and still expects the same amount of calorie intake as before so you get those hunger pains then give in and go back to eating junk. It takes awhile... You'll just have to build an iron Will and ignore the pains or perhaps just start lowering the calorie intake little by little toward your goal until you're used to it. I finally managed to do it. I don't hunger for junk food anymore. Going out to eat in groups always sucks because not everyone is as conscious as you about their diet and this will perhaps tempt you. If you've done well enough you're not even going to crave that kind of stuff anymore.
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeee Toooooooo!! I do it toooooooo!!

JUST KEEP COMING BACK & TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! YOU ARE WORTH BEING HEALTHY FOR LIFE!!

Come join us for a weekly challenge to help get you back on track!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/273795-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-goals
  • SweetTeaBlossom
    Options
    I hear you. I started over myself earlier this month. I thought because I was so good with exercise I could cheat here and there with food and then here and there turned into every week. I was stuck at the same weight for almost 3 months then gained 3 pounds and freaked out. I then decided to follow the healthyweightforum calculator to lose 6 pounds in 1 month (combined with zig zagging calories) and it's finally put me back on track. For some reason I do better if I follow another person's program instead of my own.

I feel I would have been stuck longer or even given up if not for MFP. I never remember how I found this place, but I'm always glad I did. :smile:

3138468.png