Starting Over. Actually feels better than "20lbs lost"

Options
So I took a break from MFP and gained maybe 10-15 pounds. It was so discouraging to see "You have lost 20 pounds" because I knew I lost more than that at one point. I started my ticker over to my current accurate weight, and although I want to lose twice as much as 15 pounds, I better not discourage myself.

For some reason, I find the zero motivating.

Like a challenge.

Its all up to now, the past is gone.

I don't have my scale anymore so no more biweekly updates. That's okay, bigger changes every time I step on, right?
I hope this motivates someone who is experiencing the same.

Replies

• watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    How ironic.. I am "back" again as well.. AND we seem to be in exactly the same place. =) I lost my motivation, and gained back my weight loss =( bu,t I am back at it again, hoping I have learned something new from my last try, and will do better this time! Good luck to you! (and me too!)

~Cheryl
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    Go dominate!
  • mrsanderson404
    Options
    today must be the day for starting over....sigh....I'm a teacher and 3 weeks ago I was within 2 pounds of my first benchmark (and finally matching the weight on my driver's license...LOL) but here I am, 3 pounds up and after keeping a true food diary today, I understand just where they came from.....time to get back on that bike ladies...metaphorically of course :grumble: