More powdered nuts like Pb2?

Options
CoachJen71
CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
I love the stuff as a yogurt stir-in, because it's lower cal than nut butter.

Replies

• KarenEarp
    KarenEarp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get the Jif peanut powder - same stats, less than half the price. :)
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Good to know! Have you seen anything other than pressed peanuts? I can only find whole nut flours, but I want pressed nut powders.
  • Barbmillions
    Barbmillions Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been buying gnc brand, and winners and Marshall bring in different brands of powdered peanut butter that is cheaper tastes good in shakes etc..
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Co has a couple of different flavors, all peanuts though
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    Options
    I wish they would make powdered cashew nut. I think they make almond but havent seen as much
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Powdered walnuts would be awesome.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I use the regular and the chocolate peanut powder. Both are great. I haven't ventured further than that.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've seen the Jif Variety at my local Kroger. There's also a brand called Crazy Richard's that sells Peanut Powder, I've seen it at a specialty store in my area.

It looks like nuts 'n more has a PB powder, sweetened with Stevia.
    http://www.nuts-n-more.com/product-category/peanut-butter-powder/

I've never seen any other nuts used in a powder, unless you count flours or meals. Coconut Powder might work, maybe? Ehhh...idk.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    The jif one doesn't taste as good as pb2 in my opinion, which is too bad as it is a lot cheaper.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Peanut flour. Same exact thing, cheaper too... although no sugar added.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen any non-peanut, pressed nut flours that are reduced fat like PB2. Just the whole nut, full fat meals/flours like almond meal. A pressed/reduced fat version of almond or walnut meal/flour would be wonderful!
  • holmesj747
    holmesj747 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    PBfit is what I use, both regular and chocolate. Both taste really good.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Your question got me curious, and I found this on google:
    http://sukrinusa.com/1167-2/
    Might have to try it...
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    I think we are onto something! Who wants to contact a nut oil provider and tell them they are missing a golden opportunity? LOL
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options
    If you want to look for it online, you should use "defatted" rather than "pressed" in your search term, e.g., defatted nut flour, defatted nut meal, defatted cashew flour, etc. I can't say that the results I got were particularly encouraging, but I didn't actually follow all the links.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    This place sells them, but I will need to win the lottery to make them a daily staple food!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options

Unless stated though, general peanut flour has not been defatted like pb2 and the like, resulting in a calorie count the same as whole peanuts.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I use the Just Great Stuff brand. It's stupid expensive but I find it so much better than PB2 I won't even buy that one anymore. I think the MightNut is better than PB2 too. The only one that I have tasted that is worse than PB2 is TruNut. Don't go there.
  • MrsSpitser
    MrsSpitser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The jif one doesn't taste as good as pb2 in my opinion, which is too bad as it is a lot cheaper.

PB2 is all I've ever used. I use it in my morning shakes. I've tried the regular and the chocolate and love them both.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    so7yi59a2lun.jpg

Yep.