Cut Booze to Lose Challenge

Options
I committed 42 days ago to cut booze from my diet until I am at or very near my fitness goals. It was hard at first because I'm use to the reward of having a delicious craft beer (Kellerweise is delish) after a long day. However, I decided my long term fitness goals are more important than a fleeting feel good moment.

In 42 days, I've dropped 12 pounds of fat and put on 2 pounds of muscle in a ridiculously short amount of time! I feel incredible.

Would love to add more friends who want to commit or have already committed to this challenge!

Just wanted to put this out there in case there are other MFP warriors already on this challenge, or want to team up, share stories, tips, etc.!

Best,
Rooski

Replies

• lindsay0515
    lindsay0515 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I need to commit!! I think this is causing major issues with my stomach not flattening out and my inability to lose weight! Glad to hear it was such a success for you!! It's great motivation!
  • sc487
    sc487 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Don't drink booze, but I cut out soda, that close enough?
  • FridaGQ
    FridaGQ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's extremely impressive, good job and keep up the hard work!
  • cldarnell17
    cldarnell17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Rooski, this is a topic I can relate to. I enjoy my evening glass of wine or a craft beer as well. Did you make any other changes or did you drop all those pounds just cutting out the booze? I am kind of at a plateau point but not at my goal yet, have thought about giving up my evening drink but honestly don't want to!!! Thank you for this motivational post and kudos!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Heresy.
  • misskarliii
    misskarliii Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 1 of cutting out booze and would love some support! I'm used to booze being apart of my social scene and really love a drink on these hot days in Portland. Anyone looking for some support, feel free to add me!
  • heyheatherson
    heyheatherson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have also found for me that I also get tiered after I have a drink. This is day two for me, feel free to add me
  • emily_can
    emily_can Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 days of no wine or cocktails and I feel much better. I didn't drink for over 400 days (count up widget on my phone tracked that) when I lost 100 pounds a couple of years ago. Loosened eating habits and the reintroduction of alcohol (not just 1 drink in the evening) helped me find about 60 of what I lost. I think for me, the alcohol makes me feel like it's okay to go off plan frequently. I know it's important to add in indulgences, but having alcohol is an indulgence for me and I need to treat it as such.
  • taniamusic
    taniamusic Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Add me! I've given up for 71 days!
  • Runningforafew
    Runningforafew Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is hard to do but I'll try to!