Fitness Blender workouts and exercising at home

Options
I love these. Can't afford the gym and my odd work hours (never the same and can be about 9 hours for one shift) mean joining a class is impossible. My house is too small for an exercise machine:(
So I've been doing online videos and I love fitness blender's hit workouts. I feel very sweaty and achy afterwards.
Not sure how many calories I'm burning but they do give you a guide. It's a good workout. They say you only need to do 3 HIT workouts a week(about half an hour as doing more than 4 is too much!). But I'm concerned I'm not getting any strength workouts in.
I'm doing the free ones on youtube but they do offer a plan if you pay! Nothing is free is it...
I like blogilates too but I only do it as an extra not as a main exercise, say on a day I'm not doing HIT or later in the day.
No routine as I could be working 3 days one week and 5 the next so I'm planning a week or days in advance.

Replies

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender has tons of strength workouts. All their videos are free, they only charge if you want them to give you a plan to follow. If you go to their actual website vs youtube, you can search their whole database by body part, time, intensity, etc.
  • encinas76
    encinas76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also do the YouTube fitness blender work outs! I love them. I can select what area of my body to work!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The majority of their workouts are free, and the programs are all $10 or less, and you keep them forever once you've bought them, and can pop them into your calendar whenever you want. They are dirt cheap compared to joining a gym or buying the tv advertised workout programs.

But you can also stick with the free route - they have plenty of body weight strength workouts in their collection as well. Use their search feature and select strength and no equipment and see what comes up.

Been using Fitness Blender myself for several years and I love them. I have done mostly the freebies, but have purchased a couple of the programs along the way as well - love how you pick a start date and then all your workouts are in your calendar for the duration of the program - all you have to do is click. :smiley:
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I've recently started doing some of FB's strength videos at home. Love them but I don't go by their calorie count. I noticed that my fitbit was clocking it at half what FB said. I'll stick with fitbit on that just because I'd rather be under logging since I do eat back some of my exercise calories
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I also love FitnessBlender to pieces, I've been using them for years. And yes, I also wonder what kind of assumptions they are using for their calorie counts, because I've used a variety of fitness trackers and HRMs for all their workouts and which tend to come in at half of what FB's low end estimate is. They give a range and it's supposed to account for women and men of average to slightly overweight -- no underweight and no obese in the estimate. But I'm slightly overweight according to BMI so I find it odd that my HRM and fitness trackers consistently tell me it's so much less than their low end.

{shrug} I go more by TDEE and don't try to account for calories burned in specific workouts anyway, nbd for me. Plus these days I tend to use FB specifically for strength training and do my cardio running. I just love that you can search and filter FB's site to find workouts that suit your specific goals. It's amazing that they have provided so much good quality free content.

Oh and BONUS they don't include music. Suffering through someone else's idea of good workout music is often pretty nauseating lol. I run my own music either in the background or on a separate device.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Count another FitnessBlender fan here. Been doing them for about 6 months off their website. I use the Power Block adjustable dumb bells for my lifting routines and find they work well. Now that the weather is warmer I FB three days a week and run three days.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    The majority of their workouts are free, and the programs are all $10 or less, and you keep them forever once you've bought them, and can pop them into your calendar whenever you want. They are dirt cheap compared to joining a gym or buying the tv advertised workout programs.

But you can also stick with the free route - they have plenty of body weight strength workouts in their collection as well. Use their search feature and select strength and no equipment and see what comes up.

Been using Fitness Blender myself for several years and I love them. I have done mostly the freebies, but have purchased a couple of the programs along the way as well - love how you pick a start date and then all your workouts are in your calendar for the duration of the program - all you have to do is click. :smiley:

actually they went up in price some but still a great deal
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit (those calories counters are too expensive for me) so I guess all my calorie counts are wrong on here! :neutral: Which is a shame because does that mean I am then going over my calories? Oh,dear. I usually go by the lowest calorie reading... Can't do anything about it now
    I'm not in the US so I'm not sure if I can pay for a program.
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    All their programs do is tell you what order to use their free videos in over a period of weeks. Completely unnecessary. Have you seen their 5 day challenges? View those to see how they switch up between upper body, lower body, etc and follow a similar idea. Just don't work the same muscle group 2 days in a row and don't do HIIT 2 days in a row and you'll be good to go. And as long as you're losing weight going with the lowest calorie burn, don't worry about exactly how many calories you're burning. Good luck :)
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit (those calories counters are too expensive for me) so I guess all my calorie counts are wrong on here! :neutral: Which is a shame because does that mean I am then going over my calories? Oh,dear. I usually go by the lowest calorie reading... Can't do anything about it now
    I'm not in the US so I'm not sure if I can pay for a program.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you're eating back 100% of your exercise calories. Even then, I doubt it's off by much (probably only a 100 or so) unless you're doing strength training with weights.
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and I'm usually inside their estimates. I'm usually about right in the middle or on the lower end.

I love, love, love FitnessBlender. I prefer strength training with them and then each walk or just my elliptical the days I don't just them.

I also really like the blends, where it's strength and HIIT mixed together.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    All their programs do is tell you what order to use their free videos in over a period of weeks. Completely unnecessary. Have you seen their 5 day challenges? View those to see how they switch up between upper body, lower body, etc and follow a similar idea. Just don't work the same muscle group 2 days in a row and don't do HIIT 2 days in a row and you'll be good to go. And as long as you're losing weight going with the lowest calorie burn, don't worry about exactly how many calories you're burning. Good luck :)

Whoops I did HIT three days in a row. Because I did it on my days off as I'm doing long shifts and wouldn't be able to do it then. Then I did a strength workout this morning. Oh,well.
    Thankks for the advice, it sounds like good advice. If I'm losing weight after this week I'll stick at it.
    I was just considering buying a program so thanks!
  • greenolivetree
    Options

Whoops I did HIT three days in a row. Because I did it on my days off as I'm doing long shifts and wouldn't be able to do it then. Then I did a strength workout this morning. Oh,well.
    Thankks for the advice, it sounds like good advice. If I'm losing weight after this week I'll stick at it.
    I was just considering buying a program so thanks!

Not the end of the world, just in the future give your body a break from the hiit. Your body needs it. They have workouts labeled as "low impact" or "cardio" that are less intense and can be used on days you don't do hiit. Or just enjoy a walk outside. Also take a complete rest day once in awhile with no exercise.
  • Runningforafew
    Runningforafew Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just discovered fitness blender too and I'm in love !
  • Frenchgrad
    Frenchgrad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I, too, love Fitness Blender! I love that I can get a good workout in my own living room with no equipment.
  • cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I just found their workouts by scrolling through some weight loss tips on Pinterest! So happy to find work outs for beginners and a community of people who love their work out program
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    What do you log their fitness blender work outs on mfp? I usually go with the lower end of their cal burn but not sure if I'm logging them correctly.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    stephs0214 wrote: »
    What do you log their fitness blender work outs on mfp? I usually go with the lower end of their cal burn but not sure if I'm logging them correctly.

you can make your own entry for them under exercise and then add in the calories burned. now their calorie burns wont be accurate for everyone. I would probably cut it by a 1/3 or 1/4 and then log it