way heavier than I look ... why ?

Options
this makes no sense to me I am the same weight as some of my friends who are a couple of dress sizes bigger and It makes no sense to me at all .
I am 186
chest- 41
waist-31
hips-38.5

I get slimmer but the scales are not moving can anyone explain this ?

Replies

• BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Magic! (at least that's what I tell myself!)
  • lily4u2
    lily4u2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are building muscle, and as we all know..............muscle is heavier than fat. :wink:
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    magic is always a good explaintion just a little confused would love to get out of the obseity weight range
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    lol focus on what you look like, not what a scale says.

Keep in mind: Unless you are VERY VERY consistent with your water intake, it can change the amount you weigh. You won;t be bigger (at least not enough to notice) but you will weigh more.

Plus, someone else (ie, FEMALE) should talk to you about how Aunt Flo plays into all that.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

Plus, someone else (ie, FEMALE) should talk to you about how Aunt Flo plays into all that.

I think you should explain it. :happy:
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options

I think you should explain it. :happy:
    Yeah! Me too! lol
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would take your measuremnts over our weight! We weigh the same but my measurements are

Waist:36
    Hips:46.5!!

Buh!
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm 174lb hips 41, waist 40.5 chest underbust 36 so you are smaller than me even though you are bigger! You are just a different body shape to other people.
    Are you building muscle? This may be the reason why you are getting smaller they scales aren't moving.
  • LaughingStraightToDaBank
    Options
    You most likely have more muscle than your friends as muscle is denser than fat.
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    muscle takes up less room than fat so if you have better muscle tone you'll be smaller than someone at the same weight who has less muscle and more fat. I had a friend in HS who was the same weight as me but wore a full size bigger. I also was in really great shape due to swim team and waterpolo, not to mention the 2 hours of PE classes I took. So more than likely you just have more muscle mass.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think it's more important to judge your weight on how you weigh when you look good and feel good, not your weight number vs another person's weight number. Everyone has different builds, different muscle density, etc.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    this makes no sense to me I am the same weight as some of my friends who are a couple of dress sizes bigger and It makes no sense to me at all .
    I am 186
    chest- 41
    waist-31
    hips-38.5

I get slimmer but the scales are not moving can anyone explain this ?

You have almost the same measurements as me, except I'm 155lbs. But then, I'm also under 5' tall, and I'd bet you're at least 5'6".
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    not doing so much weights anymore I did when I started so maybe
    this is going to sound totally weird ... but how much do boobs play into your weight because mines are GG hoping they might shrink soon
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    i am 5"6 ... maybe thats it ... forgot being taller made a difference :laugh:
  • maryam4444
    Options
    genetics...natural body shape. Are they apples...are you a pear? vice versa?
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    magic is always a good explaintion just a little confused would love to get out of the obseity weight range

This is exactly why the BMI scale is so flawed. It sucks that you get labeled as "obese" when you could just be really muscular.
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    not doing so much weights anymore I did when I started so maybe
    this is going to sound totally weird ... but how much do boobs play into your weight because mines are GG hoping they might shrink soon

Bless your heart I thought DD was bad
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You're fortunate to carry your weight the way that you do (basically an hourglass). Some of the difference between you and your friends is simply the way you carry the weight--you carry it proportionally. Some is how much muscle and bone density you have relative to your friends, some is your height, some is the choice of styles and fabrics.

One of my best friends and I wore the same size despite the fact that she didn't carry an ounce of fat on her, was two inches taller and 10 pounds lighter. No question she was thinner, but her height and the natural curve of her hips(seriously, she had no extra fat at all) put her in the same size as me. She was noticeably thinner than I was at the time, too.

It's interesting-my measurements are only slightly different from yours (39/29/37) and I'm 43 pounds lighter than you are and 1 inch taller. As you are also busty, I'd bet that when you have to buy a woven shirt, rather than a knit, you also have to go up a size to prevent gapping and pulling; fabric choices and the cut of clothes also makes a big difference in what size you can wear well. And I don't have to tell anyone how much women's sizing varies from one manufacturer to the next!

P.S: I just saw that you're a teenager. Be warned: I used to gain weight proportionally and lose it proportionally too--until I hit 40, when it suddenly started to only accumulate on my torso. As a busty girl yourself, you can imagine how bad it is to suddenly not have a waist! So don't be fooled into thinking that because you currently carry, gain and lose weight proportionally that you always will. ;) It could change at some point down the line.