Natural sugar...good or bad?

Hi everyone!

Quite new to this, I was recently a member of Weight Watchers but the monthly fee was getting a little expensive along with my other bills! Thought I'd try MFP but I'm a little confused...where as on diet programmes you are advised to snack on fruit and vegetables and fill half of your plate with these at meal times, if I do this on MFP my sugar calculation goes through the roof!

I understand that natural sugar is a lot better for us than cakes/biscuits/junk etc. but I wondered how everyone else goes on with this? Or do you limit fruit and vegetables?

I'm currently on a 1200 calorie plan and the fruit and vegetables really help me to stick to this amount to keep me full.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• jessemalkin
    jessemalkin Posts: 3 Member
    I limit them.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    no sugar is bad for you, and table sugar is taken from sugar cane or sugar beets, which are also vegetables. i limit fruits for two reasons - i'm diabetic (type 2) so avoid most sugar, but also it's hard to get enough complex carbs and protein eating below 1500 calories per day with too much sugar.
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    I think you really only need to watch your sugar intake if there is a medical reason. I try not to eat things with too much extra sugar.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    All things in moderation, within your calorie allotment. Your brain needs carbs to function properly.
    If you have no medical reason to limit natural sugars change over to a different nutrient to track.
  • madmoisellejadore
    madmoisellejadore Posts: 5 Member
    That's brill thank you all :smiley:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,109 Member
    I don't track sugar at all. I do limit some sugary things because they are high in calories and low in nutrients, but I never limit fruits or vegetables. And I will always have my coffee with real sugar. As long as it fits in your calorie goal and helps you stay full then I wouldn't worry.