Quick healthy breakfast options?

Options
I'm going back to school in a couple of weeks and I'm terrified because my school only allows breakfast from 5:30am to 8:30am and I don't have to show up to class until around 11am

sooooo what are some quick healthy breakfast things I can make in my dorm room??

I usually drink a 24oz vegetable juice I make but I don't wanna get tired of that really quick.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Those Quaker Breakfast Bars, a fairly new product, look like a killer app for your specifications. You don't need cooking equipment or refrigeration.
  • nlaflamme238
    nlaflamme238 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yogurt!
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and banana. If you have a microwave make porridge- dead easy. soak over night with some sultanas and cook with half a banana. serve with milk. My favorite breakfast
  • missmatch76
    missmatch76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like oat cakes with peanut butter and a banana, that's my quick & easy breakfast
  • jj79miro
    jj79miro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nuts for fats and proteins, add a yougurt for carbs and protein, and finish with a fruit. That is a quick whole breakfast. No cooking required.
  • april1779
    april1779 Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Scrambled eggs in the microwave? I do scrambled egg whites in the microwave when I want something quick, throw a bit of peppers and onions and a bit of shredded cheese. The other day I made it into a wrap. Messy but with a bit of lite mayo, soooo yummy! I'm assuming you have a small fridge/microwave.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with peanut butter- was always my go-to when I went to college.
  • HappyyMomOf4
    HappyyMomOf4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal with almond butter
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I like a Greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder and topped with Fiber 1 cereal. You get 20+ grams of protein (depending on your brands) and 18 grams of fiber. And it will keep you full for hours.
  • hmz74
    hmz74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like to make a toasted English muffin, light mayo, ham and cheese. Can even prepare it the night before ready to eat in the morning or on the go.
  • gordonfitlog
    gordonfitlog Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eggwhites and mushrooms. Bit o cheese. Maybe a slice of whole wheat if you are not carb adverse
  • gataman3000
    gataman3000 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose bodyfat, have some egg whites with oatmeal or some fruit
  • cbtebb
    cbtebb Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Scrambled eggs in the fry pan, whisk them up and throw them in on a medium-high heat, keep turning them with a wooden spoon/other utensil, it takes the same sort of time as the microwave but serve them up before drying them out to get the best results (slightly wet).

Result? Fast and tasty breakfast full of protein and good fats (yolks)

EDIT
    I've just read the original post again, if a fry pan isn't available then by all means use a microwave, but take them out sooner than normal to stop them from drying out (harder to gauge but still doable).
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    A smoothie with spinach, protein powder and coconut or almond milk and chia seeds. This good balance should keep you full to a late lunch.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    fruit
    oatmeal packets
    granola bars
    boiled eggs (some grocery stores actually sell them pre-boiled)
    tuna sandwich
  • Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast topped with whatever you want (hardboiled egg slices, salt and pep are my go-tos. Always pick a whole grain bread - I like Ezekiel.).
    Fruit and plain skyr or greek yogurt
    Smoothies with protein powder

The key, at least for me, is to have a nice mix of protein and fat in the morning.
  • jenaijen
    jenaijen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do a smoothie or a shake that has a good amount of protein and fiber. Have some extra single packets on hand. Connect with me if you want ne to slip a sample in the mail :)
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'm really a fan of yogurt plus anything for brekfast! Yog and nut butter. Yog and jam. Yog and cocoa powder and fruit or jam or stevia. Yog and nuts or toasted sesame seeds ect. etc. No muss or fuss and it seems to hold me everyday until lunch time.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    nutritional smoothie is my go to quick. Its a powder from vega one. 22grams of protein snd half my daily vitamins minerals and fiber.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Any nut butter that you can dip some fruit into, like sliced apple, works great - don't have to keep it refrigerated, and gives you some carbs and protein, you know? Can do the same with yogurt, if you have a mini-fridge.

Cream cheese over those brown rice cakes are great, too - one of my old dorm foods. The brown rice cakes are key, though - crunchier, and higher calories than some of the regular rice cakes.

Homemade trail mixes - nuts, dried fruit, flakes of coconut, raw amaranth - all sorts of things you can get and just mix up and keep in the dorm room. There are lots of recipes online for making your own bars, too, usually using raisins or dates that are chopped up and added as a binder (but often need a food processor for that, which is why I tend to go with the trail mixes).

Hummus with sliced up veggies to dip into it works well too, maybe a little pita bread or falafel to go with it, although those you'd have to buy rather than make, in the dorm room. But again, gets you some nutrition and protein to start the morning with.