Fitbit

Options
Is anyone having issues with Fitbit properly syncing all information to MFP?
Mine shows that it has synced but it is not showing any of the calories for the day as it is supposed to.
I checked other places on here before posting and did not see anywhere that anyone is having issues.

Thanks in Advance!

Replies

• april_slusher03
    april_slusher03 Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you! @5stringjeff
  • april_slusher03
    Options
    Ok everyone. This is what Myfitnesspal is showing. This is what I meant earlier in my post. I should have taken a screenshot and it would have explained it better. As you can see there are zeros where there should be #s. :#62hhvrzsdmy2.png
  • april_slusher03
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I contacted Myfitnesspal and they told me to contact Fitbit. Well, Fitbit told me to contact Myfitnesspal. Lol
    So, I still have no answer. Oh well! At least some of my #s are showing up.
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My steps and calories earned are disappearing in the evenings lately. It will flash what it was then show zero steps and put me in the red for calories. What I've been doing is closing out both apps and force syncing MFP. Sometimes it gives my steps back but not usually but it does give my positive calorie adjustment back. It has also been seriously lagging behind Fitbit, not updating for hours. I haven't closed my diary out with the proper numbers all week. This started happening after an MFP update so I lean towards it being an MFP issue.
  • tammydnaquin
    tammydnaquin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been experiencing the same problem as well. Noticed it started occurring after the update too.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    This happened to me yesterday. After doing zumba and walking 2 1/2 miles, MFP actually gave me fewer exercise calories than I had from the beginning of the day. I ended up manually entering the exercise calories from my Fitbit dashboard. It seems to be OK today.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Try unlinking and relinking them. Also, delete the apps and then reload them. That often fixes many problems. If you think it's MFP, delete that app, them reload it. I had to do that the other day as well. Fixed my problems.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm seeing the same with zero/zero/calories. The REALLY weird thing is that both my iPhone's show that way, but my iPad shows it normally. I'm a premium user, and I did file a bug report as I'm also a beta tester.

hcbhfrhy1yn7.jpeg
    vel07xewwsv2.png
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the MFP is glitching. The other day it showed zero steps at night BUT it showed -1076 exercise calories. It was double dipping with my fitbit despite not showing ANY steps on the app. It worked fine yesterday though.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My synced calories disappeared last night. I just re-linked the apps and it reappeared.
  • april_slusher03
    Options
    I have unlinked and re-linked MFP & Fitbit. I've deleted the apps off my phone and re-installed them. Nothing has worked.
    Everything was working just fine until I updated MFP. I'm sure it is on the MFP end. Thank you @6502programmer for filing a report. I hope they listen to you. MFP & Fitbit just keeps giving me the runaround.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    just as a note...if you are using a fitness tracker sync'd with MFP you really should have your activity level set at sedentary and enable negative adjustments.
  • twinskins
    twinskins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    6502program - you cannot have both your iPhone and iPad linked. You have to choose one or the other - once you disconnect a device, the other should sync properly. Hope this helps.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Every time MFP updates there's usually a sync problem between it and trackers. Most of the time a data transfer works if you unsync then resync. There is an additional step to unsyncing and resyncing. You also have to go to the Step tab under Apps, click, then select Fitbit as your step counter. It should work after that.

Around every January there's usually a huge problem with data transfer because of all the new trackers (Christmas presents) and MFP can never keep up with the traffic; then throughout the year MFP is always updating so the data either slows down or stops completely. This problem is happening quite consistently now.
  • april_slusher03
    Options
    The issue is within the app. If I go online using the internet (not the app) everything shows up.
    Hopefully they get everything fixed. @trina1049 I agree! It seems to happen with almost every update.
    My issue didn't happen until the newest update.
    I sent them a bug report. But, I'm sure they'll tell me to contact Fitbit again. Then Fitbit will tell me to contact MFP.
    I'm half tempted to put my Fitbit up and go back to using my HRM.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    One other random thing I've noticed - sometimes it will only display exercise calories after I've synced THEN add a food. I've done this even if I haven't eaten, then just delete that entry. But it does pull and display calories burned afterwards.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    @april_slusher03 -- Maybe just track on-line until they work out the bug? PIA, I know. MFP has been very glitchy ever since Under Armor took over. I'm mostly on the internet rather than the app unless I'm out of town but this resyncing thing is very tiresome!
  • april_slusher03
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MFP has a new update! I just hit the update button in the App Store and it has fixed the issue with Fitbit!
    Yay!! :#
  • shed77f
    shed77f Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    New update has fixed that issue on my app too but now the option to enable negative calorie adjustments has disappeared from my diary settings?? It's on the PC version though?!