Another newb :)

Options
erinkeely4
erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
Hi! I've been using the diet and exercise tracker on my phone for a couple of weeks now, and just checked out the website on my laptop tonight and found all of this other stuff, like this forum! Cool :)

So far the thing I like the most about using the calorie tracker is that it has motivated me to get some exercise nearly every day, which is great, because I was going through an unmotivated phase regarding to exercise and was only doing about 30 minutes twice a week for a month or so. I always feel way better when I exercise more often!

What do you like most?

Replies

• carollentz
    Options
    I too am new to this site, but when I first looked around, I was impressed, I find it may help me with my calorie intake, I'm not getting in enough,knowing I needed somekind of help,,, SO here I am. I enjoying doing stretch bands, dancing to music, I was walking every morning but just found out I have bone spurs on my left foot,so my walking isout for a while, but I will continue to my hip rolls,leg lifts,arm lifts, and some stretching with my bands, I'm not sure at this point if I can do my dancing but all I can do is try, I look forward to using this site as to meet my goals,and in hopes to meet new friends.GOOD luck to you as well. :smile:
  • karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I only just discovered the forums tonight, and so far I love them! but I agree the calorie tracker motivates you to excercise more, which is great!! for me, when i can see exactly what i have eaten and how much I have worked out it pushes me to do more!!!
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love the accountability...I mean, there it is...right in front of my face. All the food i've consumed (good and bad) for the day. As well as gives me a chance to finish the day off on a positive note. I workout at night, so I get to see how good or bad I was eating all day and then either reward myself or punish myself in the (home) gym.

ttfn
    Kyle
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I started a walking video. 2 mile walk I found on exercisetv.com. It is something I can do that is easy but still has benefit. Check it out.