Tummy tuck or no?

Options
What do y'all think? Should I consider a tummy tuck or should I pass ? Yes I could lose alittle more weight but I am in range for my height. Only difference I think I see will be just thinner hanging skin.
9ot1jn0fqshl.jpeg
xgfimv648r8q.jpeg

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Really it all depends on what you want. I'm certainly planning on it. If you've maintained for some time and still have the skin...and can afford it...why not?
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I imagine your tummy is similar to what mine will look like when I reach maintenance. I will almost definitely be having a tummy tuck, and a breast lift.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yes i would have tummy tuck.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I had one and I'm very happy with it.
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for input! I guess I start saving now for my tummy tuck
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Personal choice really. I doubt I will. I've had 3 children and mine looks a lot like yours plus a little more on there since I have about 10 lbs still to lose. But if you can afford it and it's what you desire then go for it! I am almost 48 years old so no midriff baring clothing for me and I will cover up. I'll be the only one looking at mine :D:D besides my husband and he doesn't care. He thought I looked good at 50 lbs heavier.
  • Ckeymom
    Ckeymom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think I will when I lose the last 14 pounds and hit my goal. I'm not ashamed of my tummy, but the loose skin makes clothes not fit the way I want.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would have one in a heartbeat if I had the funds. I would say get to your goal weight or close to it if you aren't there and then give it 1-2 years to see how much the skin shrinks. If it's still not to your liking, go for it :)
  • QueenofComeBacks
    Options
    lol
    jemhh wrote: »
    I would have one in a heartbeat if I had the funds. I would say get to your goal weight or close to it if you aren't there and then give it 1-2 years to see how much the skin shrinks. If it's still not to your liking, go for it :)

I'm within 5 lbs of goal so I'm think there not going be that much different. I reach this weight 6mths ago. I'm thinking start saving now for it and if it improves without the need of surgery I can blow some money on something esle
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    lol
    jemhh wrote: »

I'm within 5 lbs of goal so I'm think there not going be that much different. I reach this weight 6mths ago. I'm thinking start saving now for it and if it improves without the need of surgery I can blow some money on something esle

Sounds like a plan to me!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 this summer. I had a flat tummy most of my life (even though I was not truly fit) - and, I liked my tummy! When I get a flat tummy again, if I do not like the way the skin looks, I absolutely will look into a bit o' plastic surgery.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You have a normal healthy body. you look fit and healthy, I don't think you NEED a tummy tuck. If you want one then go for it, however there is nothing wrong with how you look.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I had one. No regrets. You will feel amazing when it's over.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with getting it if you want it. I'm currently saving for one since I don't think my is going to get much better than it is without help. When I'm standing up it doesn't look to horrible, but in a plank...well
    5bu64f6cifyv.jpg
  • QueenofComeBacks
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with getting it if you want it. I'm currently saving for one since I don't think my is going to get much better than it is without help. When I'm standing up it doesn't look to horrible, but in a plank...well
    5bu64f6cifyv.jpg

that so me too. people look at my stomach standing saying i dont see anything wrong but as soon i plank they realize what im talking about lol
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    If you've got the money and you want to do it, then go for it!

Anyone know the price range of a tummy tuck? I have been considering it as an option once I've been at my goal weight for a while.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Anyone know the price range of a tummy tuck? I have been considering it as an option once I've been at my goal weight for a while.

Mine was around $7000
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

$8800 and up is an estimate that one plastic surgeons office has on their website in St. Louis, MO. They included surgeon’s fee, hospital and anesthesia in the estimation. The price will vary depending on where you live.
  • BarbellBabe87
    BarbellBabe87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue girlie & you're so inspiring to post your pic for all to see! I wish I had that kind of confidence. As for the tummy tuck I say go for it! If it will make you happy then do that. I live on Phx AZ and have been quoted anywhere from 8 grand to 12,000 YIKES! I think the cost depends on a case by case basis.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My husband had one and it was $14k. I think he should have waited as he's still about 70lbs overweight.