Ripped in 30

Started Ripped in 30 on Xbox Fitness today. Is anyone else doing it or want to do it? Has anyone done it already that can give me advice?
I felt great after completing it today! I was exhausted and my legs felt like jello but I felt great!
My plan is to do it 3 days a week and my usual cardio on Saturday.
I have a wonderful supportive boyfriend at home (he is a great cheerleader) but I would love to hear from others that have done it or are currently doing it.

Replies

• besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    I am doing the beginner shred, but have ordered Ripped in 30 - I'm excited to try it. This is the first exercise I've stuck with it, and I think I can keep at it :)
  • hulesjames
    hulesjames Posts: 10 Member
    Those programs are bogous in my opinion
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    @hulesjames sorry you feel that way, but I've had great results with J. Michael videos, though not sure if it's different on the xbox. The first levels are usually much slower as she talks a lot about form and breathing, and then the next levels (depending on which series you are following) pick up the pace significantly. The range of motions, the ability to scale it up or down and the results are fantastic. You will learn a lot and really enjoy them. Best of luck!!
  • pcousins13Patricia
    pcousins13Patricia Posts: 49 Member
    Anything that gets you moving is good for you, in my opinion. :)
  • rachaelbell21
    rachaelbell21 Posts: 27 Member
    I am on week 3 of ripped in 30 having previously done 30 day shred and like them both
  • kinezumi89
    kinezumi89 Posts: 4 Member
    I have the DVD (not sure if the Xbox version is different) and I love it. A few years ago I did a workout 5 times per week and coupled with eating better, I got down to my goal weight felt great about how I looked. I've gotten back into it recently (about 2 months) and again I see great results.

Sometimes it's easy to slack or do the "beginner's version" when you could actually do the advanced, so I always try to remember to push myself and work as hard as I can. Always do the advanced version when you can, and try your best to keep up with them. Every little bit counts!

When I first started, I actually did each "week" for a full week (actually two at the very beginning), but now I do a different workout each day. They all focus on different muscle groups, so I like to spread everything out.

Also a workout video can't really be a scam. Will you actually get Ripped in 30 (days)? No, probably not. The title is exaggerating. But I have lost a lot of fat and gained a lot of muscle. You're doing strength training and cardio, how would that be a scam?

Best of luck!
  • gpsepulveda
    gpsepulveda Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you so much for all of the positive feedback!
    I agree that anything that gets you moving is good for you!
    Workouts on the Xbox are great! If you have a Kinect it watches you and pin points the muscles being used. It tells you when to dig deeper, how to correct your form and it tells you if you are doing a good job.
    I did my second one this morning and my legs are super sore. A good sore that I'm proud of though.
  • mandatrep
    mandatrep Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 2 days in to ripped on 30 so I'm not terribly far behind you.
  • becomingvegannn
    becomingvegannn Posts: 15 Member
    I've done it twice and it's definitely my favourite Jillian Michaels program :) I found 30 Day Shred to be way too repetitive and some other DVDs were simply too long to fit my lifestyle. Good luck!
  • gpsepulveda
    gpsepulveda Posts: 31 Member
    Unfortunately I have come down with the flu so I have not been able to continue. :( I was only 3 days into week 1 so I wonder if I should just start over again.