What do you eat for breakfast

Options
Need help idk what to eat for breakfast anymore as I've been doing this for so long. Also being gluten free makes choices so limited! I'm tired of protein shakes,cereal,oatmeal, not a big egg person. All any ideas would be helpful thank you

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I eat "protein energy bars" from Aldi in their Fit & Active brand. Not sure on the gluten element. For me, they're fast, I don't have to think, 200 calories and 15g protein. But - depending on how you look at it, and particularly if you're a big breakfast person (I'm not) - they're a little sad. They taste great, though!
  • philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fruit with natural yoghurt and chopped nuts. I'm not a huge fan of breakfast but it's enough for me.
  • michaelguzzo
    michaelguzzo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my typical breakfast is a couple cups of water, 1 banana, then workout. usually take in about 5 to 6 cups of water during the workout. then 1/2 cup cheerios with milk, a tablespoon of peanut butter and a couple low fat sausages. sometimes with a piece of toast. then at work i have a yogurt and a couple cups of coffee.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Protein cookie dough, Amanda Bucci style. :smile:
  • kimrunsonplants
    kimrunsonplants Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies - my current favourite is a handful each of kale and spinach, blended well with two cups of water and a chunk of fresh ginger. Then I toss in half an orange, half a grapefruit, and a cup of frozen mango and blend again. Poured in a travel cup and out the door to start the day.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1 banana chopped up into 100g low-fat greek yogurt with 1 teaspoon each of the following: a trail mix of pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds; ground flaxseed; chopped almonds; and vanilla protein powder. A bit of honey on top usually. It's about 250 calories.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't usually eat breakfast. I generally have either a BulletProof Coffee or a large iced coffee with raw milk. I'm not usually hungry until what is traditionally lunch time.
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein shake made with coffee and cinnamon - my daily cinnamon latte :)
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit, yogurt, or protein shakes. However... I found one online that I love. It's called fit frappe from big train and I get it on Amazon. Little tip here. I mix it with my coffee and a blender ball and add ice. Iced Mocha--- It's amazing. This is generally my daily breakfast. I do NOT like to eat first thing in the morning. There are 10 grams of protein and 60 cals. There is a vanilla one, and mocha that I use in my coffee, or add water. Also. Eggs are great proteins to eat first thing, if you have time.
  • medelaney13
    medelaney13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here's what a friend of mine does who has celiac's. She makes gluten free pancakes - adding about double the eggs for more protein, banana's, apples, chopped nuts, raisins and/or craisins, and chocolate chips. She makes a huge batch so she can freeze most of them and then just pop them into the toaster to reheat. Full of protein, fiber, and pretty darn tasty.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You don't have to have "breakfast food" for breakfast....think outside the box.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    usually stuff like yogurt, fruit, granola bar, sandwich, dinner leftovers... around 200-300 calories works for me for breakfast.
    I do not like breakfast foods for breakfast and don't like to cook right away. I actually love soup or pizza for breakfast. You can eat whatever food you want at any time of the day.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm usually good with just coffee and half and half until lunch time. If I am hungry I typically eat eggs, but I also like having berries (fresh or frozen) with either heavy cream or plain, full fat Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Sometimes I'll add chopped pecans for crunch. Tomato and avocado "salad" is pretty good too. And, as others mentioned, there is no rule that you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast- leftovers from the night before work well, or really anything you might eat for lunch or dinner.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Protein bar, a banana and coffee.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    When I am GOOD, porridge with nuts, or Chicken and veg/salad. I like Smoked Salmon and scrambled eggs as well. WHn I am bad MUFFIN
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    black coffee.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I usually have leftovers from the night before or a big salad.
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    If i'm working out in the morning, a piece of fruit (citrus, banana, grapes or berries) and a small protein shake, and then 150ml fruit juice (not from concentrate) immediately before the workout. Otherwise, I have soya/natural/greek yogurt (whatever I fancy - but always unflavoured to save sugar) with fruit and seeds/nuts. I bought a bag of protein pancake mix to have as a treat breakfast, but standard pancakes are also a pretty good breakfast, as long as you keep them clean and don't pile on sugar and syrup, especially if you use a light oil for frying. Peanut butter (no added sugar) is a pretty decent protein source, it's really good on a slice of toast or crackers, and then topped with banana, and if you want a treat, drizzle with a little honey. Or even spread peanut butter on other fruits, like apple slices. Just make sure you have complex carbs, some sugar (from natural sources) and some protein, and you're pretty set
  • youngandaspiringxo
    youngandaspiringxo Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mini 100 calorie whole wheat bagel (obvi not gluten free) with light cream cheese, 100 calorie pack cashews, and 2 clementines. Sometimes a 50 calorie tube of Greek yogurt. Just easy stuff I can keep at work.
  • youngandaspiringxo
    youngandaspiringxo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If I'm home I do an egg white omelette with some vegetables and turkey bacon.