Breaking the diet

dduke01
dduke01 Posts: 19 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been breaking my diet about once a week but never more than that. Do you guys/girls think its too much. Its only a meal during one day of the week and I still stay under my calorie count with excessive excercise (usually a weekend with the family) but I feel guilty. I am not near my weight I want to be at but I dont want this to feel like a job either. Any opinion out there?

Replies

• NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,075 Member
    Your first change needs to be going from a diet mindset to a lifestyle mindset. Life happens. We all eat. Stop letting food define your emotions and make you feel "guilty." It is fuel... it doesn't care about you in return... it doesn't care if you live or die. It is there to do a job and that's it.

Let real life experiences guide your emotions. Time with family and friends... not food.

Look at it as improving your inner and outer health so you will have more time on this earth to spend with people who really matter. Eating something you normally wouldn't eat or doesn't fit into your mindset of healthy is not going to end your possibilities of living a healthier lifestyle. Look at the big picture.
  • Can't say it better than Nikki already has!

Weight homeostasis is only a consequence of a generally healthier existence. Focus more on feeling better about yourself and as a whole rather than any numbers on a scale or calorie counter. Everything you eat is a decision--you either decide to eat it, or not. There's no guilt or regret; it's nourishment and it's life. Don't forget to reward and enjoy yourself! It really is all about the big picture and adapting to eating habits that you can commit to for life rather than to get to a certain weight. It sounds like you're doing a great job so far! Keep with it!! :)
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    I've been going over at least once a week ever since i started my weight loss journey. That probably woudn't of happened but i like to drink a few beers once night a week and that puts me not necessarily over but around my maintenance calories but over the weight loss caloric goal.
This discussion has been closed.