I need help on my weight gain journey!

Options
keziatk
keziatk Posts: 25 Member
I am a 19 yr old female. (Currently 104) (5'10) (gained 8lbs since getting over a bad stomach sickness a month or 2 ago

Replies

• keziatk
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am a 19 yr old female. (Currently 104) (5'10) (gained 8lbs since getting over a bad stomach sickness a month or 2 ago but get no higher
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Have u thought about trying Apetamin? Its a appetite stimulant so it helps u eat more. Also eating a lot of high calorie foods and snacks and also Ensure Plus shakes. I'm on a weight gain journey too. My starting weight was 114 and now I'm at 120.
  • sonayvborum
    sonayvborum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research on it last night and I'm going to try it I also have CB-1 but it didn't work as good as I thought it was so I want to try this see if I can get my 160 back
    Have u thought about trying Apetamin? Its a appetite stimulant so it helps u eat more. Also eating a lot of high calorie foods and snacks and also Ensure Plus shakes. I'm on a weight gain journey too. My starting weight was 114 and now I'm at 120.

• keziatk
    Options
    I have done apetamin before and every time I start it, I can never get over 105 smh

• princessterrie16
    princessterrie16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research on it last night and I'm going to try it I also have CB-1 but it didn't work as good as I thought it was so I want to try this see if I can get my 160 back

I've tried CB-1, took it for 3 months and only gained one pound. But I just ordered Apetamin and it will be here tomorrow. Already have been trying to up my calorie intake, passed my 2,500 calorie goal today when the app only set the default goal of 1,900 to gain. That was without anything to help my appetite. So hopefully the help of Apetamin works!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Op, here is a list of high calorie foods that can help you get enough calories to reach your goal. If you are struggling to get calories, increase meal frequency and aim for only high calorie items. When you even veggies, go for higher sugar/starch versions as they are higher in calories. And if you want some muscle gains, include a good progressive resistance training and minimize cardio to help reduce calorie expenditure.
  • keziatk
    Options
    thanks so much!!!
    psulemon wrote: »
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Op, here is a list of high calorie foods that can help you get enough calories to reach your goal. If you are struggling to get calories, increase meal frequency and aim for only high calorie items. When you even veggies, go for higher sugar/starch versions as they are higher in calories. And if you want some muscle gains, include a good progressive resistance training and minimize cardio to help reduce calorie expenditure.

• KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ignorant of me but I never thought people to use MFP to gain weight. Well, being on the opposite end of this, I have lots of experience with gaining weight. Milkshakes, ice cream, doughnuts, bread, burgers. For healthier options but still calorie whopping items: peanut butter (good fats, lots of cals in each table spoon), avocados (a whole one not just half), whole milk, bananas (the bigge the better), nutella (yum), etc. That's all i got for now. Hope this helps.