What do you eat for breakfast

Options

Replies

• chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I had 2 slices of gluten free bread. 1 slice with 1/2 avocado on top, the other slice with coconut oil/coconut nectar spread. 3 cups of Yerba mate. Yerba mate gives me energy without a crash, and it's also an appetite suppressant.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hashbrowns or other varieties of potato - I just saw a recipe for a hashbrown "omelet," but I think it would need some modifications to be lower calorie.
    Roast a tray of potatoes and Brussels sprouts and toss it with some bacon, ham, or sausage.
    Chorizo & sweet potato taco with a corn tortilla.
    GF waffles or pancakes with fruit.
    Cauliflower, zucchini, or broccoli tater tots. Make ahead and keep in your freezer.
    Fried rice with tofu or breakfast meat.
    Tofu scramble with veggies.
  • luvmom127
    luvmom127 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups water room temp Infused with lemon, cucumbers, mint leaves and ginger as soon as I wake up. Then green tea with cinnamon and honey for the road. 1 hour later I have a yogurt with chia seeds and almonds.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to be traditional breakfast foods. I just ate leftover dinner. Lots of protein and fat so it will get me far before I'm hungry again. Just eat what satisfies you.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Two scrambled eggs, an orange, and 2 cups of coffee. I have this every work day.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat breakfast, but when I do, it's usually just a simple smoothie. 2 cups frozen fruit, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup milk. (For 2 people, about 150-170 cals each depending on how evenly it gets split.)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, coffee, fruit
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't eat gluten but I do have lactose.

So, I eat homemade yogurt with nuts. Protein shake after working out.
  • luciroo
    luciroo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fruit mixed in - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.
  • CajunCher2005
    CajunCher2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, V8 Juice, and if I'm feeling really spunky, a boiled egg. Other times an English muffin with a microwave poached egg and a slice of cheese.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Coffee. With half and half, protein powder, and cocoa powder.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    You know what I like when I'm bored with 'breakfast' food? Those veggie patties at Costco. The don lee ones. Delicious! I heat one up in a cast iron skillet and it makes a lovely breakfast.
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    Usually 2 eggs and a piece of whole wheat toast. Eggs keep me full longer than anything else so that's my go to breakfast.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Anything that's awesome. From hot dogs to fruit to enchiladas to junk.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I usually just have coffee and fruit with nuts or a smoothie.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I eat food for breakfast.
  • ArmyWife9758
    ArmyWife9758 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Need help idk what to eat for breakfast anymore as I've been doing this for so long. Also being gluten free makes choices so limited! I'm tired of protein shakes,cereal,oatmeal, not a big egg person. All any ideas would be helpful thank you

• ArmyWife9758
    ArmyWife9758 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually end of skipping breakfast....I know is a no-no. But when I do eat breakfast, I'll make an egg white only omelette with baby spinach and feta cheese combined with a few fresh sliced strawberries and grapes on the side!

18k6v0b4iuj2.jpeg
  • lioness2307
    lioness2307 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am also gluten-free!
    I love and need my breakfast and usually make my own muesli: 30 g flax seed, 30g chia, cinnamon, blueberries, mix it with some hot water, then add full-fat natural yoghurt, Skyr (Icelandic yoghurt) or Kefir (Eastern European). Alternatively, rice crackers with butter+honey, or a nice cheese. Eggs are great, too. Usually scrambled. With smoked salmon, or as pancakes with chia and blueberries.

This morning I had Avocado chia pudding (chia, avocado, banana, coconut milk blended), it was yummy.

Think outside the box! There are so many good food blogs out there....you could make your own gluten-free muffins....or banana bread......or a healthy fudge/pudding (silken tofu and raw cacao are awesome together!). Or you could make sweet potatoe fries yourself...just some ideas.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Breakfast food doesn't have to be traditional breakfast food.
    Sometimes I eat salad....leftover chicken from the night before.....tuna casserole.....
    Once I started realizing that there is no rule about cereal/eggs/toast for breakfast, a whole new breakfast world opened up