Weight loss

Options
Okay I have been trying to run at least 3 days a week doing interval running as well as weights and body weight exercises I need to get down - 185 but stuck at 192 I have changed my eating almost to the point I'm starving LOL any advice

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    How long has it been?
    Are you using a food scale?
    Are you using accurate entries from the database?

If the exercise is new, you are probably experiencing water retention for muscle repair which can mask weight loss.
    If your not using a food scale to weigh solid foods (even the single serve package stuff) then you could easily be eating more than you think.
  • Burandt80
    Burandt80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No I haven't been using a food scale, I started eating lots of salads with some kind of meat. And some days substitute food with a muscle milk. Some days I eat 3 meals and some days I eat 2. I have been snacking on almonds or trail mix for in between snacks. I see what your saying about water weight
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    nuts and trail mix are heavy in calories and you are weighing and logging those right?
  • Burandt80
    Options
    Yes I usually only eat a 1.5 Oz pack of those
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    basically you are probably eating more than you think and/or retaining fluids from new exercise.

either get a food scale and use it and choose correct entries immediately or wait a little while longer.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt recommend calorie dense foods/snacks to people who are still losing weight only because you get a small quantity for the large amount of calories.
    Try eating more fruits and veggies and buy a food scale!
  • Burandt80
    Options
    Ok thank you
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    basically you are probably eating more than you think and/or retaining fluids from new exercise.

either get a food scale and use it and choose correct entries immediately or wait a little while longer.

This. If you aren't using a food scale, you don't know how much you're really eating.
  • Burandt80
    Options
    The only thing I've tried to use is this MyFitnessPal calorie intake if that is what you mean by food scale.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've tried to use is this MyFitnessPal calorie intake if that is what you mean by food scale.

If you aren't weighing your food, you can't be sure how much you're really eating. You should get a food scale, weigh the food, and then log the foods (by weight) in MFP for accuracy.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Nope. A food scale is a tool used to weigh out portions of food and is more accurate than measuring cups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI9ZSGeBkqc

Being off by 12 grams in the video is about 45 calories off. With things that are more calorie dense it can be worse than that. I had a whole box of protein bars a couple weeks ago where all the bars weighed between 50 - 60 grams. A serving was 45 grams for 170 calories. That extra weight took all those bars to over 200 calories.
  • Burandt80
    Options
    Ok thank you