Motivation

noritaj
noritaj Posts: 4
I am really a newbie to all of this..What is the best ways to get motivated and stay motivated when exercising. I find it hard to do so for some reason. Is there anything that I can do that can help me?

Replies

• ayeshakane
    ayeshakane Posts: 44 Member
    have music when you exercise..and set an emotional goal as to why you want to lose weight..and whenever you try to eat unhealthy or avoid exercise just think about that emotional goal...for me its how my ex bf said i was too fat for him....
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    I use Insanity and the routine switches up so that breaks up the boredom. What ever exercise or program you do, make sure there is a variety in the program so (1) you don't get bored and (2) your body doesn't plateau....
  • illusio
    illusio Posts: 12 Member
    Oh, how I agree! I hate exercise most of the time, because I pick something that I don't really enjoy doing but it's convenient! So I do the treadmillexercise bike because there's one in the hotel I stay in every week, but I give up after 30-45 mins total because I'm bored, even with music.

So I started going for walks instead, not to 'exercise' but to explore the area. And I tend to be out for 2 hours because I'm seeing new places, finding new parks to explore, etc.

I love badminton, and will play for ages if only I could persuade my husband to come; when I go to a health farm to spoil my self on rare occasions, I do SOOOO many dance classes because it's a laugh.

In essence, you need to find something that doesn't bore you to tears - the music WILL help even if you end up doing slightly boring stuff - the other thing I found recently is that I can upload TV programmes onto my smartphone and place it on the treadmill, so watch comedy while I'm incline-walking (doesn't work with running - too bouncy!). Mind you, the bloke next to me thought I was a bit weird, chortling away to myself!
This discussion has been closed.