Advice-- Achievemint & FItness tracker

Options
I've learned that the only thing that motivates me is money. I deal with depression and the ability to achieve something tangible, even if the payout is tiny, really helps me. I don't want to do dietbet again because it was incredibly anxiety inducing. So I need some advice.

I want to use Achievemint to earn money and for that I need a fitness tracker. I've read the threads here but I still feel so overwhelmed by the choices. Amazon ratings are scary as most trackers have at best 57 percent five star, usually much lower. Even the top ones.

I need one that is waterproof, though depth doesn't matter.
I'm extremely out shape.

I want one with apps that integrate with myfitnesspal and Acheivemint. So probably one of the bigger names like Fitbit, Garmin. I'm considering Mio.

I will pay more for something that really works well and has a great app plus features like heartrate monitor, step tracker. I have an android phone.

I don't think I can see spending over $200.

Like I said I am just feeling very overwhelmed, so any advice about what to get, or even how to narrow them down would be great. The reviews scare me off every one I settle on, these things just seem so unreliable :(

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit Charge, although I would like a Charge HR more because it has a clasp that is like a regular watch band. It's not waterproof, but I'm not familiar with any trackers that are (not that I've done a lot of research). I think that it's pretty reliable and accurate for my needs and syncs well with MFP.
  • kronnos2001
    kronnos2001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MIO does not integrate with myfitenspal, I have one and it doesn't work well!!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I doubt Mio will integrate with much of anything, but it's been 9 months since I've had one so things may have changed.

I'm not aware of anything that will meet all of your requirements for your budget. Garmin's VivoActive comes pretty close on sale at Amazon with the chest strap HRM. It has a swim mode and is definitely waterproof. Fitbit's Charge HR is listed as not waterproof but Beth showered in hers sometimes with no ill effects, and I believe DCR's review tested it in the pool and found no problems. Its HRM is not very accurate when you exercise though. Garmin's new VivoActive HR does everything you want without coming in too far over budget. Those are the three that come closest, to the best of my knowledge.