Before / After pics (GUYS)

Options

Replies

• mwinslow69
    mwinslow69 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That excess skin can cook some heat rash. Be sure to put some glycerin based deodorant to prevent.
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I no this is a men's thread but I want to say thank u for ur service and for sacrificing so much for our country n our lifes. 2nd u will do great!!! One step at at timr. U R WORTH IT N DESERVE IT

• kevstorms
    kevstorms Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @jesusarolon I do mean 400 to 1000 calories before my workout (I don't log my workouts yet, but will start logging calories burned soon with a good tracker if I get one). Today I bought almonds, I already include whole wheat pasta when I use pasta. Greek yogurt is a must! Love it when I mix with fruits. I can change the times I drink, but in reality I just always have a bottle in my hands, and sip.

The weight training, I think she means power lifting and dead lifting. She didn't go into detail just said there is a lot of things she wants me to do lifting wise that the policy will not let her do.
  • kevstorms
    Options
    @kcerrillo thank you very much!
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    kevstorms wrote: »
    @kcerrillo thank you very much!

Thank u! :)
  • RobertCotton
    RobertCotton Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Planet Fitness does not allowing some lifting because they believe it intimidates other people in the gym. While doing the lifting that it does allow, there is no grunting allowed or dropping the weights. Their slogan is "No gymtimidation" and they call the muscle heads "lunks", they say no lunks allowed. Havent you seen their funny commercials? Compilation of Planet Fitness commercials
  • kevstorms
    Options
    @RobertCotton I get that, which is why I think once I get in better shape I may need to change gyms, as it seems "that" type of lifting is going to be the most beneficial in what I am after.
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    SW- 276
    CW- 247
    GW- 199

My other main goal is to not die in the sprint triathlon I'm training for. I'll work on getting some pics together soon. Until then, friend request sent to all you awesome guys.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    sbnwcp1fu7g2.jpg

This is my latest comparison pic. All through counting calories and running. Thank you, MyFitnessPal!
  • MarkyOZ
    MarkyOZ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good simple no BS advice. Thanks man

This is the OP, all you guys have AMAZING transformations, but my question is HOW. What did you do, from start to finish? I need to know what I am doing! I know the information is out there, but if I get that info from REAL PEOPLE who are doing it, I would feel much better.

Calories in vs calories out, that it. I didn't join a gym, although I plan on doing that when I transition my goal to gaining muscle. I didn't have fancy equipment. I didn't use any special program. I didn't radically change my diet (I still have paste, ice cream, Chinese, everything but soda. I just enjoy these things in moderation). I didn't take any pills or supplements, except for the occasional protein powder. Basically what I'm trying to say is, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It was just calories in vs calories out.

-Accurtely log in your food.
    -Get plenty of fiber and protein to keep you full longer.
    -Drink your water.
    -Make sure you are in a deficit by the end of the day.
    -Workout, if you can, everyday. Even if it just a 15 minute stroll around your neighborhood. But do what you find enjoyable, otherwise you will end up quitting. If you hate to walk there is always: strength training, swimming, yoga, hiking, cycling, rollerblading, tennis, rock climbing, soccer, baseball....
    This is the OP, all you guys have AMAZING transformations, but my question is HOW. What did you do, from start to finish? I need to know what I am doing! I know the information is out there, but if I get that info from REAL PEOPLE who are doing it, I would feel much better.

Calories in vs calories out, that it. I didn't join a gym, although I plan on doing that when I transition my goal to gaining muscle. I didn't have fancy equipment. I didn't use any special program. I didn't radically change my diet (I still have paste, ice cream, Chinese, everything but soda. I just enjoy these things in moderation). I didn't take any pills or supplements, except for the occasional protein powder. Basically what I'm trying to say is, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It was just calories in vs calories out.

-Accurtely log in your food.
    -Get plenty of fiber and protein to keep you full longer.
    -Drink your water.
    -Make sure you are in a deficit by the end of the day.
    -Workout, if you can, everyday. Even if it just a 15 minute stroll around your neighborhood. But do what you find enjoyable, otherwise you will end up quitting. If you hate to walk there is always: strength training, swimming, yoga, hiking, cycling, rollerblading, tennis, rock climbing, soccer, baseball....

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    27ch0hf90mpj.jpg
    slal6silgpac.jpg
    gjdcw43ahod4.jpg

First pic was sept 2014 (I'd been lifting for about year at this point, but only just started tracking my food around the time this pic was taken)
    Middle was last month,
    Last one was last week.

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am doing really well tracking my food intake. Thing is with the changes I made, eating 5 times a day, nice wonderful healthy things, I get FULL, FAST. I know that is the point but I just can't eat it all! At the end of each day, my goal is 1680, but I still end up with about 1000 unspent calories and MFP yelling at me. Thing is if I DO try to put more in, I want to vomit hard. So not sure what to do. I am doing throughout the day things like eggs, yogurt, fruits, veggies, lean meats like chicken and ground chicken, lettuce wraps. I am loving the food, but my body is not letting me intake too much at all! The water, I am up to anywhere from 8-12 (8oz) glasses a day, and always hydrated.

I am dropping weight, In the past 8 weeks, I have lost 22 lbs (9 of which was the past 2 weeks with a change in gym plan). I go to the gym 5 days a week for 30 to 45 minutes, and I use the trainer there. She is nice, and has me doing cable machines, dumb bells, weights, squats and other stuff. She hates that Planet Fitness does not allow lifting, so we do what we can do.

I just want to see my skin not flab up as I lose weight. I see a lot of you guys NOT having that issue, so I really want to know what you are doing to achieve that! My biggest worry is that I lose this weight, and I look like a flying squirrel!

Sounds like what you are doing is working, keep it up. The exercises tracker in mfp is very innacurate though, I personally don't use it; research how to calculate your average TDEE and set your goal to that minus 500 calories, then you can forget about logging exercises because they are already accounted for. Watch the scale and adjust calories slowly over time depending on what the scale does, you can aim for around 2lb loss per week until you get to around 20lb left to lose, then raise calories to slow it down to around 1lb per week as you appraoch your goal.

To get more calories, like other people have said, look at calorie dense foods like pasta, nuts, cheese and avocado.

Unfortunately the skin thing is likely with how much weight you need to lose, and how long it lasts is genetic, but from what I've read I think it tends to go away for most people over time. You will look better for being fit regardless, and you might be lucky and not have any problems. I'm not sure about this, but I wonder if losing weight slower might help with loose skin? Might be worth looking into perhaps.

Good job.
  • Melisandray
    Melisandray Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hot damn!
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Way to go guys! This is an awesome thread :D I didn't do as good as all of you but I feel it's a success, even tho i'm still a work in progress :) Around 4 months apart.
    12990997_10206942107444942_8151909721254168533_n.jpg?oh=eb79a646d711dc647ff5385773f78643&oe=5775656013051557_10206942121605296_4898284482645972529_n.jpg?oh=24859a7c21e9837c899ab5f150eb7ed4&oe=57A804FA

For the OP: Congratulations on getting started! For me, the hardest and most important part was nutrition. I hear that lifting weight can really help but I don't go to the gym yet; probably after my finals. I just follow workout videos or go out for a run; the important thing for me is to just move and burn a few calories.

Keep track of said calories; log everything accurately; don't eat back your exercise calories (actually, don't log the exercices, it's better to just forget about how many calories you burnt so as to not get tempted). More importantly; there's no reason to make a bad week out of a bad day. We all have down days where we eat too much, or don't workout. Think of it as a one day vacation then go back to your journey. Think of it this way: If one of the wheels of your car was cut, you'd just repair it; right? Not cut the other three wheels and stay right where you are. It's the same thing, if you have a bad day, you 'repair' yourself (pull yourself up) and continue on your way to abs-land! :wink:
  • GeoguyBri
    GeoguyBri Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome work guys!!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good work, guys. Keep going!
  • peabo2
    peabo2 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    wammpqrylbwl.jpg
    9w30awhrawc1.jpg
    Its a process and doesn't happen overnight. Keep it up!!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!