Roasted veggies

Options
So how many calories would you give for roasted veggies of green peppers, red peppers, onion, Brussel sprouts, sweet potato, and asparagus mixed together with 2 tbs olive oil? Trying to figure out or estimate about 1-2 cups?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    How much sweet potato did you use? And about how many cups/ grams of veg?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    The oil will be around 120 calories for one tablespoon, so if you're using two, that's a lot of oil calories. The veggies will depend on how much you use. Not much for two cups but you need to probably weigh them out to get a good number.
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You can use the 'my recipe' section under your meals. You put in all your ingredients and tell it how many the recipe serves and it calculates it for you. It's really helpful if you make certain meals often. :)
  • thetrudster1
    thetrudster1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your veggies are only going to be about 50 calories per cup. The olive oil is where you are going to get a ton of calories.....119 per tablespoon. I use 1 teaspoon olive oil per cup of veggies and they turn out great.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Put it all in the recipe builder and it will figure out the calories for you. Or just log it all separately if you were the only one eating it. I just use my mister for olive oil - you really don't need much.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Put it all in the recipe builder and it will figure out the calories for you. Or just log it all separately if you were the only one eating it. I just use my mister for olive oil - you really don't need much.

Great idea about the mister. Where did you get yours? I just used a brush and brushed on 2 tbs but the mister sounds like a good thing to have. I don't really like using canned spray. Also, I made a tray of veggies and did do the recipe builder but wasn't sure how many I should say it serves and didn't want to measure cup by cup...so I just guessed and said it served 6? And I measured a cup. Does that work do you think?

• Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    How much sweet potato did you use? And about how many cups/ grams of veg?

I used 1 sweet potato and I'm guessing @6 cups of vegetable total?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    joobey wrote: »

Great idea about the mister. Where did you get yours? I just used a brush and brushed on 2 tbs but the mister sounds like a good thing to have. I don't really like using canned spray. Also, I made a tray of veggies and did do the recipe builder but wasn't sure how many I should say it serves and didn't want to measure cup by cup...so I just guessed and said it served 6? And I measured a cup. Does that work do you think?

I got the mister at a grocery store - but Target, any type of store like that should have it,

Well did it look like 1/6 of what you made? You should probably invest in a food scale along with the mister so you can have some sort of accuracy in your diary.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options

I got the mister at a grocery store - but Target, any type of store like that should have it,

Well did it look like 1/6 of what you made? You should probably invest in a food scale along with the mister so you can have some sort of accuracy in your diary.

Thanks, I'll have to get one. I do have a food scale. It did look like 1/6.

• mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I roast me veggies with no oil and they still taste delicious
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll have to get one. I do have a food scale. It did look like 1/6.

Just a hint for future reference: If you weigh each type of veg as you're preparing and put it in the recipe builder, you can then weigh the total amount in grams and put that as the number of servings. You can then weigh your portion and put that in your diary. For example, if the total amount of the veggies comes to 500g put that as 500 servings (i.e each serving is one gram). If you then eat 50g put it in your diary as 50 servings of that recipe.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I just spray them with olive oil spray.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder :smile:
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I just spray them with olive oil spray.

So when you roast them they don't burn without oil? I'll have to try that! Thanks