Ladies losing 100+lbs

Options
Hello everyone, I recently turned 53 and my height is 5'6". I have more than 100 lbs to shed so I started working out on my own, but it's been quite a struggle. All positive encouragement and support is welcomed.

Replies

• corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not feeling supportive as I'm seriously disgusted with myself for getting to 280 pounds. So time to change. I did this once before with success until a string of injuries and related depression lead to apathy and regaining the weight. So here goes round two.

I'm happy to share stories along the way.
  • deniseryan4
    deniseryan4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep more than 100
  • EmmaEmmerich
    EmmaEmmerich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely more than 100 here... more like 200, haha. Please don't give up! And don't beat yourself up over your weight, it's not worth it. Just look at it as a starting point and go on from there.
  • jademoon123
    jademoon123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a 40 yr. old mom and have to lose 180 lbs. I am also looking for FEMALE friends for motivation and support.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    You can do it. If I can do it, anyone can. We have to put in the work, but the results will be worth it.
  • barbara3213
    barbara3213 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and currently weigh 204 lbs. A little over a year ago I was at 135. Got sick and gained like crazy. Time to take back control of unmonitored and uncontrolled eating.
  • angfirst
    angfirst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

Although I still have a ways to go, I recently hit my halfway point of 70 pounds lost since December. Now, I am focused on busting into "onderland," then on losing over 100 pounds, and finally on losing half of my starting weight.

For me, once I finally made time for myself and realized I was a priority, things fell into place. Best of luck to you as you start this journey!
  • MidwestJava
    MidwestJava Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I understand - I lost over 100lbs once, and now...I need to do it again. It is possible. Take one day at a time, and never, ever give up!
  • MidwestJava
    Options
    I am a 40 yr. old mom and have to lose 180 lbs. I am also looking for FEMALE friends for motivation and support.

Friend me if you like! I am 44, and have over 100 to lose.
  • MidwestJava
    Options
    corsayre8 wrote: »
    Well, I'm not feeling supportive as I'm seriously disgusted with myself for getting to 280 pounds. So time to change. I did this once before with success until a string of injuries and related depression lead to apathy and regaining the weight. So here goes round two.

I'm happy to share stories along the way.

I also did this before, and got a chronic illness, and well...here I am again! Friend me if you like.
  • Excel00
    Excel00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also want to loose 70 lbs. I am currently at 252. I don't want to be skinny. I will be happy at 190. I turned 50 last December and I want to loose the weight or most of it before I turn 51. I don't know hoe to use this message board because I don't have a Facebook account. Add me, friend me or whatever it is.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    4 years ago I started at 297. Currently at 180.
    Two weeks ago I came in first place in an indoor triathlon.
    This is possible!
    I've got a great group of friends who have lost loads. Friend me if you like.