Some encouragement/tips to stay on this site/weightloss jour

Options
hello everyone! I have been so lazy with stayin on myfitnesspal over the past few months and need some words of encouragement or some tips to how you all stay on this site and keep motivated! I have continued losing weight off the site but not as much or as efficient as I had on the site! I have lost 17kgs so far and have 9kgs to go! I will definitely continue training and keep my classes up once I reach my goal but help would be great. Thanks :-)

Replies

• cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I keep myself in check by logging in mfp first thing in the morning. i actually have my coffee as I am logging in. After each meal I will log in because its just easier than trying to remember what I ate all day. Hope this helps. I am stagnant in my weight loss but i am continuing to try to get rid of my extra lbs. I sure hope you can achieve your goals:)
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right :)

i find it helps me stay focused and motivated to just take this journey day by day. not say "oh i have to log and work out every day for the next 6 months" just..i have to log and exercise today. besides, this project is for you :) so why not try as hard as you would in any other area of your life?

good luck moving forward - i know you can do it!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, you can download the MyFitnessPal app to your phone and use it to log when you're away from your computer. I had a run of a few weeks where I was too busy to use my computer much and the phone app was a lifesaver!

I find taking measurements regularly really helps with motivation. It's so difficult to see the changes that are occurring in our bodies but measurements don't lie!

Being able to workout for longer amounts of time or at greater intensity is also very motivating, as it's another way to see just how far you've progressed!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Just remember why you're doing this.
    Put a picture somewhere (fridge) of yourself when you were a healthy weight;
    If you don't have a picture of yourself, use a person who you admire;
    Meditate each morning to get your mind positive.

Hope you stay motivated! It's hard sometimes, I know, but just think of how good you'll look/feel!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! I have been so lazy with stayin on myfitnesspal over the past few months and need some words of encouragement or some tips to how you all stay on this site and keep motivated! I have continued losing weight off the site but not as much or as efficient as I had on the site! I have lost 17kgs so far and have 9kgs to go! I will definitely continue training and keep my classes up once I reach my goal but help would be great. Thanks :-)

Do you want it? Do you REALLY want to lose those 9 kgs? Ask yourself this question. If the answer is genuinely yes, then you KNOW what you have to do. You have to log your food and exercise every single day. You know that seeing your eating mistakes in black and white helps you avoid them the next time. You know that seeing a great nutrition day is positive reinforcement to have another one of those tomorrow. You know that seeing your exercise in front of your face, encourages you to do it again and again and again. And you know that when you exercise, you're probably less likely to blow all that work with an unhealthy meal that will satiate you for just a moment. You know you need to come back here every day. The only question you need to ask yourself is, do you want it enough to actually do it.

I think you do!!!
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ha! i'm on the computer every day anyway & i've added MFP to the handful of ''pinned" tabs i have in chrome so they are always there and open when i turn the browser on. somehow it is much easier to just flick to another tab & fill in some details than it is to have to remember to find the page and log in. of course, no one uses this machine except me so i don't need to worry about logging out :)
    i'm hoping that by the time i get to being bored with logging everything i eat/exercise (i'm only just at week four at the moment and the enthusiasm is still there:), that tab will still be there mocking me every day until i fill it in :wink:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck.
    Log on everyday and take it slow. Educate yourself on healthy foods and try to stay away from processed and fast foods. Eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains and fresh meats and fish. Cook for youself. Don't buy thing that are going to tempt you. If it's not in the house you can't eat it. Get healthy snacks. Read the lables and watch PORTIONS> If you get yourself a food scale it really helps keep you within portions. Log in your foods before you eat them. If the numbers are too high make another choice. It's like a puzzle. Once you make all the pieces fit, you are able to see the whole picture
  • carollentz
    Options
    STAY,,, KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOU ! YOU HAVE ALMOST REACHED YOUR GOAL, WHY STOP NOW? YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I REALIZE WE DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER, BUT I AM PROUD OF YOU FOR DOING THIS!!!!
  • carollentz
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU,, KEEP GOING, EAT RIGHT,EXCERCISE, FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF!!!!!
  • MsLaurie65
    MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It gets hard I am not going lie to you. But just like any other thing in life you want to accomplish it takes work. I log on and post my exercise, but I am slowly working on my food. It's a slow process sometimes and you do have to take it one day at a time. Start by reading the post, and getting advice and motivation. You have to find the motivation from somewhere or you will be lost. I don't have a fitness buddy to work out with, but I think about all my MFP friends who works out and it helps me alot. But you got to get it from within! You can hold on, and you have a lot of friends cheering you on, Come on now...let's go~~
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Wow - thankyou everyone so much for all your responses! I know I just need to keep pushing and reach that goal! I have been trying to exercise but think of something else I need to do! Tomorrow I am going to go for a run! Ahh thanks heaps everyone! It's hard to keep motivated sometimes! :)
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thanks heaps MrsJones (-:
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The power is WITHIN YOU! MFP and all the other tools out there are just that, TOOLS... but you are putting the work in... the blood, sweat, tears.... ALL YOU!