Fitbit Blaze question : do I still add exercise in MFP? How do I link my fitbit and MFP?

Options
Hi MFP friends,

I just bought a fitbit blaze and have a few questions. I linked MFP and my fitbit when I set up my new device. Do I need to do anything else for the two to communicate? Also, do I still log exercise in MFP or will it pull data from my fiber?

Thanks!

Chelle

Replies

• misschellechelle
    misschellechelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Anyone...?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Fitbit will adjust your calories based on your activity, so you don't need to add in exercise in MFP separately UNLESS it's swimming, since obviously fitbit is not water resistant. I have a Blaze as well. Your fitbit dashboard should show your calories in (eaten) based on your MFP log, and you MFP homepage should show the adjustment, as well as when you go to exercise, it will say "fitbit adjustment".
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Many Fitbit users will actually log exercise in Fitbit, as the calorie estimates are better. MFP will read your calories burned, but it won't report to your news feed.
  • misschellechelle
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Fitbit will adjust your calories based on your activity, so you don't need to add in exercise in MFP separately UNLESS it's swimming, since obviously fitbit is not water resistant. I have a Blaze as well. Your fitbit dashboard should show your calories in (eaten) based on your MFP log, and you MFP homepage should show the adjustment, as well as when you go to exercise, it will say "fitbit adjustment".

Thank you for the explanation! And just to ensure I linked my fitbit the right way, I went to MFP and then went to apps and chose add fitbit under trackers. Is this correct?
  • misschellechelle
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Many Fitbit users will actually log exercise in Fitbit, as the calorie estimates are better. MFP will read your calories burned, but it won't report to your news feed.

Great, thank you so much! I'm looking forward to using my fitbit as a motivator and activity tracker :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Thank you for the explanation! And just to ensure I linked my fitbit the right way, I went to MFP and then went to apps and chose add fitbit under trackers. Is this correct?

Yep.