First Week Done = 11 lbs lost

Options
hingtastic
hingtastic Posts: 3 Member
I am a 6'4" youth pastor that loves to eat. I have been hanging around the 250 mark for some time and continually telling myself I will get in shape soon. Recently my 2 year old son was in intensive care for 40 days with two heart surgeries and I stayed with him every step of the way. It was a long hard road and let's be honest hospital food is terrible. Which resulted in me eating Portillo's almost every day (all my Chicago peeps know what I am talking about) this resulted in a wonderful weight gain pushing me up to 265. This is the heaviest I have ever been and was a wake up call. I came home feeling tired and heavy.

So I looked up some apps for health and fitness on my phone and this MFP was the first one I saw. I downloaded it and started logging. I started on Monday at 265 and today I am 254 all because I am watching what I eat. I am absolutely loving this. It's more like a game to me than just loosing weight. One of my interns brought in a dozen donuts and where I normally would have pounded at least 4-5 without thinking I have the ability to decline them all together for the sake of counting calories. I hate being in the red!

I am excited to get my goal weight of 220.

Thanks MFP.

Replies

• dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Congrats and Welcome!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start, well done!
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow great work! Congrats to you :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    WOW welcome to MFP and congrats :) Keep on doing what you're doing!
  • krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!! GREAT WORK!! You showed great strength in turning down donuts. I don't have a lot of will power, but I do try. Keep it up!
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep it up!
  • DrewD2011
    DrewD2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great to start and good results! Your results are impressive, but be sure to take the advice from MFP and don't go to extremes n the daily numbers. You want a steady weightloss and be sure not to shut down your body's fat burn cycle by going into a "starvation" mode. Your body can start to defend against this new healthy life style...

See you around the community! Welcome!
  • MsLaurie65
    MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrat's on the achievements! Praying your baby continues to get better and better!!!
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Amazing start!

Keeping that little boy of yours in my prayers.
  • mollygirl61
    Options
    Awesome, wtg
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I pray your son is doing better! Please feel free to friend me... I think we all need a good pat on the back and encouragement from time to time! Good luck on your journey!

Michelle
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing job!! well done you!!

Hoping your wee boy is doing well
    my thoughts are with you all
    Vicky xx
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Wow way to go.
    I hope your son is doing better now.
  • glampixxie
    glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your son. He must be a tough lil guy going through all that. And you, too! A tough father. :)
    Congrats on getting yourself back on track. You are well on your way to being healthier!
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Way to go! My sister has had multiple heart surgeries so I know how tough it can be. Hope you son is doing better. it is like a game...just remember to make sure you eat enough!
  • LORELLI
    LORELLI Posts: 24
    Options
    Wow! I hope your son is better! He is fortunate to have a supportive, dedicated father! And congrats on the 11 pounds! It's true, it does become a game when it's about beating the numbers! However it works!
  • JennyPenny1981
    Options
    That is great. I wish I had the will power you have. I still would have eaten at least one of the doughnuts before I realized it. Even now I still am nippling off my kids plate when they are eating dessert.

My goal is to only have one dessert a week on my cheat day.
  • EliotMaree
    EliotMaree Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes being in the red is something I hate! So im always motivated not to go in the red! And when I do, I hurry to the gym for a quick burn! This is definitely a game I love to play!
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    way to go! that is so wonderful!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!