Fighting the menapausal pudge

Options
Hi, I'm Angelena,
I'm here to lose 30lbs and get back in shape before I'm 50. Menapause has been one hell of a battle for me. I work out, am trying to eat right and I hope this is the extra help I'll need to succeed. Any tips, are much appreciated.

Replies

• dscholey
    dscholey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Angelena

I'm 52 and I'm battling the same bulge. I've lost 10 pounds in the last year and I have 10 more to go. I highly recommend getting a Fitbit Charge, reading The Power of Habit and The Diet Fix. I found the using the Fitbit took the guesswork out of figuring out how many additional calories I could have as a result of my workout. Not getting to the starving point really helped with reducing binge eating.

Good luck!

Deb
  • Awesomechic64
    Awesomechic64 Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi Angelina
    I am also 52 and post menopausal. I have lost 41 pounds and have been stuck at my current weight for ever it seems. I did get a fitbit charge and am trying to walk to break through this stall. I would also like any tips to get this weight off.
    Lori
  • Angelena1967
    Angelena1967 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I had last 50 then gained 20 back because I had surgery and had to stop my routine for 4 months. I've now lost 5 that I'm back to the gym again. What is a fitbit?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi ladies. Join us at this group here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group

We'd love to have you!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I had last 50 then gained 20 back because I had surgery and had to stop my routine for 4 months. I've now lost 5 that I'm back to the gym again. What is a fitbit?

It is a tracking device that you wear that tells you the amount of calories you are burning through the day. It syncs with MFP so you can keep track of your food here and will and see extra calories added during the day depending on how active you are. There are other fitness trackers out there that are just as good as Fitbit and better depending on how much if anything you would want to spend on one... I'm now using the Apple Watch and love it for the extra things that it does over some other trackers like Fitbit.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Join us at this group here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group

We'd love to have you!

I second this group. It has some great info and advice from other members just like yourself on here.
  • Angelena1967
    Angelena1967 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, going to join in now
  • hfrizzell75
    hfrizzell75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and had a hysterectomy 9 years ago. It is much harder when you are going through menopause. And when you are 40 and over it is so much harder to lose weight. It helps to have a great support system. Especially other people who understand the struggle. Keep your head up and keep pushing.