Question for those who ZIG ZAG calories.... Plz help

Options
So I decided to zig zag my calories (reason: have had 2 weeks without weight loss) But I have some questions, according to the Freedieting.com calculator my fat loss calories is a lot more than what I'm used to. I was doing 1380 goal (though I was around 1000-1200 net). Now my average is 1711 net, and that is on the low days! I'm 5'4, 160, 24yo. Exercise atleast 20mins a day 5x week.

1. Has it really worked for you eating that much?
2. What healthy foods are high in calories? Besides bananas.
3. Do you think I should try and net 1380 before trying 1711.
4. I have started the Jillian 30DS last week, so I'm also wondering if maybe I'm gaining more muscle instead of weight loss??

This is the zig zag cycle I got:
Sun - 1711
Mon - 1711
Tue - 1369
Wed - 2054
Thu - 1711
Fri - 1540
Sat - 1882

Please help me out on this, I can use your advice and suggestions with this. Thanks!

Replies

• psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    hi there buddy!! i'm bumping to see what responses you get. the same happened when i checked it out....way more calories than i am used to.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    watching with a bit of inrest wondering if somehing like this might help me. and did you get the cycle from that websie you just listed or where?

and now my friggin t does no want to work damn his keyboard
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    wondering the same.. the numbers given to me were pretty high aswell and scared me away :indifferent:
  • ValerieSW
    ValerieSW Posts: 32
    Options
    My husband and I have been using info we got from the book 'The Alertnate Day Diet'. Basically it is zig zagging but you eat normal one day and half (or less) your calories the next day. On our 'down' days we are eating around 7-800 calories and on our 'up' days we are eating our MFP reccomendation or occasionally more. So far we've both lost 24lbs in 11 weeks.
  • jadaif
    jadaif Posts: 29 Member
    Options
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been using info we got from the book 'The Alertnate Day Diet'. Basically it is zig zagging but you eat normal one day and half (or less) your calories the next day. On our 'down' days we are eating around 7-800 calories and on our 'up' days we are eating our MFP reccomendation or occasionally more. So far we've both lost 24lbs in 11 weeks.

will have o look into that as well
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I checked out the calculator~ says for loss, i need to be at 1538 caloric intake. For past 3mos, i have been below that 95% of the time with little to no loss. I have stayed at the SAME weight,...with the exception of gaining and losing ONE darn pound here & there. I exercise 5-6x's a week. I don't get it.:sad:
  • jadaif
    Options

Thanks, Though I have read that you should not go under 1000-1200, unless you are like around 5'1 or so. Because the body might go in starvation mode.
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    BUMP
  • kiah6
    kiah6 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow, there is no way I could eat the amount of calories they gave me and still lose weight!
  • jadaif
    Options
    Wow, there is no way I could eat the amount of calories they gave me and still lose weight!

Exactly what I thought!:noway:
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    for all the skeptics I am reading this book.. Burn the fat, feed the muscle. Might want to check it out online... Great insite on what will work with zigzagging and other things.

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jadaif
    Options
    Bump
  • jadaif
    Options
    Bump
  • jadaif
    Options
    I've been reading up on different sites and will give this a try. Seems to work for many people.
  • ValerieSW
    ValerieSW Posts: 32
    Options
    If you have a lot of weight to lose, you will not go into starvation mode for a long time. Plus, by only eating below the 1200 for one day and then going back up you are keeping your body confused and it won't go into starvation mode. It's only if you stay under 1200 for a while that you'll go into starvation mode.