Ready for Serious Supports

Options
I'm a 37 year old wife & mom in Glen Burnie, Maryland. We have a 3 year old son. I Need to get healthy for my son. I want to be around for him and watch him grow up as well as one day be a grandma. I have lost 100 lbs 2 times in my life and turned around and gained it all back. I can't keep doing this to my body. I'm boarder line diabetic and that worries me because I don't want to end up on medications or injections for it. I love my friends very much but they are like me. We give up on ourselves. I'm ready to make some new friends that will be serious supporters. I seem to do great for 2 weeks and that's when I crash. I have an eating disorder Compulsive OverEating. My addiction is Fast Food. I also binge on foods at home but normally it's Fast Food or just eating out. I won't eat it all there, I will take it home and finish it when everyone has went to bed. I'm ashamed of this behavior. It's time for a change in my life. I know what I need to do, I just need support to keep me going when I want to give up. Thank you all for being here and reading my post. I'm excited to meet you all and support you as well.

Replies

• bethietwin
    Options
    I am sure you will succeed, and you will find support here. You can add me as a friend if you like. I will be here for a long time, I have a lot of weight to loose. I am new at this but drinking lots of water (with mio - just a drop of two for me) seems to be helping me a bunch. I just started last Wednesday.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting back into the game. It's so hard when you have succeeded before and then gone back to your old habits and gained the weight back.

In terms of the fast food - try to get into cooking yourself really yummy meals and after a while you will start to lose the taste for fast food. It can be a huge temptation though!

Feel free to add me if you like!

:happy:
  • Jill3lizabeth
    Options
    Hey there,
    You said you have lost 100 lbs in the past. I find that encouraging. I have 100 lbs to lose and have never been able to take off 20. I think it's when I stop losing that I find my stumbling block. I've lost 8 lbs in about 2 wks, and now it's getting hard. I find when nobody is looking I eat. I own a grocery store, so temptation is everywhere. My kids are teens, I have missed out on so much because I couldn't keep up. I too, have heard the word diabetic, and am determined not to let that be my future. Good luck, keep encoraged and remember all the reasons to lose. Try Subway for your fast food fetish. Looking forward to not always being the BIGGER PERSON :) Jill
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Options
    Welcome! We're all here to support you along your journey. :)
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am here...LET'S DO THIS! ; )
  • pennyv73
    pennyv73 Posts: 9
    Options
    I know how you feel... I've gained and lost the same 60 lbs several times over the last 20 years. Unfortunately it always seems to bring "new friends" along with it!! I'm just getting started myself, on day 3, but this time I need to lose 90 lbs.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I would love to help support you, as I am searching for the same thing that you are:smile:

Good luck to us newbies!!
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! I had 107 to lose, I am half way there. I have never lost more than 20 lbs in my life. This is a great site and you will get lots of support. Feel free to add me.
  • melanienj
    melanienj Posts: 31
    Options
    You will find great friends here as well as the support that you need. Make sure you log in daily even when you don't feel like it, it will help keep you motivated and hold you accountable.

Here's a tip:

Drink plenty of water. At least half of your body weight everyday. This will actually suppress your appetite, especially from the junk food and sugar. and the weight will come off, you will give your body the water it needs and flush your body from toxins!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been doing this for two months and have learned so much. Now that I hold myself accountable by tracking everything I eat, I think twice before I eat it - Do I really want to log this? As for fast food, I was eating breakfast and lunch out with my coworkers every single day. Then I started packing my breaklast and lunch. What a difference! I haven't had french fries since April, and I don't even miss them anymore. MFP has been a great tool for me. I've learned this is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. I've also learned that I can splurge occasionally and still lose weight. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    We all have your back... the incredible thing is this is a journey with no end...