help with snacks

Options
Hi looking for snack ideas I'm great with breakfast lunch and dinner snack wise I'm just having cashew nuts and Greek yogurt any other nice healthy snacks to have

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks? Pretzels? Fruit?
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Dehydrated fruits. Cheese. Jerky. It really depends on what kind of diet you are on also. Nuts are great sources of good fats.
  • daniellecorrigan65
    daniellecorrigan65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks diet I'm on is so boring need to try different foods
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Define what's healthy to you? Under a certain cal number? High protein? high fiber?

I eat a lot of olives, pickles, carrots, jerky, those marias gamesa cookies, wasa crackers, lil smokies, cheese--just depends on what I need/want at the moment.
  • daniellecorrigan65
    daniellecorrigan65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Define what's healthy to you? Under a certain cal number? High protein? high fiber?

I eat a lot of olives, pickles, carrots, jerky, those marias gamesa cookies, wasa crackers, lil smokies, cheese--just depends on what I need/want at the moment.

I'd have up too 1200 cals a day either chicken or turkey for dinner eggs or gluten free oats for brekkie with fruit and I'm afraid I'm snacking on to much fruit for sugar just feel like I'm always having cashew nuts need to change it up or I'll go back to eating crap :neutral:
  • mtresino12
    mtresino12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    -peanut butter powder and vanilla Greek yogurt.
    -cheese and apples.
    -blend 3-4 cups of spinach, diet v8 splash and a lemon.
    -fat free cool whip and berries
    -rice cakes with peanut butter
    -popcorn
    -veggies and hummus
  • bjean1964
    bjean1964 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    veggies with 1 tablespoon of ranch, 100 calorie packs of almonds, cocoa covered almonds also in the 100 calorie packs, 100 calorie popcorn. Cheese sticks, find a good high protein snack bar. Think Thin makes a 140 calorie snack one i like for chocolate cravings....Chocolate Almond Brownie, 19 carbs, 10 protein, 6 fat, 5 fiber. I get mine at Safeway.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Nuts (almonds) or those 100 calorie snacks.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with blueberries.
    veggies and dip
    peanut butter with apples
    nuts
  • kyuui13
    kyuui13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Maybe some fruits and vegetables or a fruit smoothie? Oatmeal is a nice go to, fills you up. :smile: Greek yogurt?
  • anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites are frozen blue berries and/or grapes, a mocha shake (1 scoop coffe powder, blended with almond milk, a banana ans warm water, then pour into mug and add scoop of cocoa powder and stirr it in). I also like things like frozen yoghurt bites with fruit and carrot/cucumber sticks with humus.
    Maybe look around on youtube for more ideas (I know channels like mind over munch have some great snack ideas)
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite snack is to pop some greek yogurt in the freezer for a few hours and then eat it with vanilla almonds on top. LOVE.