Going to the doc to get checked out Thryod??????????????????

Options
I am going to be going to the doc to get things checked out. I have had enough. I just want to make sure that it is not somthing that I have no control over. If it is I can deal with it and if not then I really have to find another way to lose the weight. Either way I need to do this.
Has anyone gotten their thryod (sp) checked??????? What were your issuses, how did you over come it??????

Replies

• icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Get your digestive enzymes checked too. You might be having a food problem. It was the source of all my woes and a surprisingly large amount of people battle them and don't even know it. Good luck at the doctors.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have had my thyroid checked, but it all came back normal. o.o;;

Really, the purpose of this comment is to gawk at your sling - is that a Babyhawk? It's GORGEOUS! So are the littles, but I'm a big sling-geek. :blushing:
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do have thyroid issues and have been put on Synthroid 50mg, it takes me ALOT longer than others to lose the weight and ALOT of exercise also, but I will do it...
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had mine checked recently.

I just wasnt loosing weight despite healthy eating, breastfeeding & exercising. Was only a simple blood test.
    I have been diagnosed with subclinical hyperthyroidism & I have had 1 scan on my thyroid so far and I have lots of small lumps/cysts on my thyroid & the want to do a radioactive scan but cant until I finish breastfeeding.
    Will be going back to the doc next week to talk about maybe going on some meds.
  • armywife26
    armywife26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have had my thyroid checked, but it all came back normal. o.o;;

Really, the purpose of this comment is to gawk at your sling - is that a Babyhawk? It's GORGEOUS! So are the littles, but I'm a big sling-geek. :blushing:
    aw thanks! No it is not a baby hawk I foret what it is and if it was not in the van I would go and get it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! SO comphy!
  • armywife26
    Options
    Get your digestive enzymes checked too. You might be having a food problem. It was the source of all my woes and a surprisingly large amount of people battle them and don't even know it. Good luck at the doctors.

thanks I will remember that
  • armywife26
    Options
    I do have thyroid issues and have been put on Synthroid 50mg, it takes me ALOT longer than others to lose the weight and ALOT of exercise also, but I will do it...
    does the meds help??
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Like I said, big sling geek. My other thought is maybe an ERGO - I had a Babyhawk when my munchkin was tiny and *loved* it. I loaned it to a cousin, and I miss it. XD Now that the little is bigger (coming up on three, when did that happen?!?), I'd kill for my ERGO. It's so unusual to see other babywearing mamas out there! Yay!
  • bradylover12
    bradylover12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yes. last summer the doctor found a lump on my thyroid and had to remove half of it because it was not working properly/also because i had a tumor. sometimes it just could be it works alot slower. now that i have only half it makes it that much harder to lose weight but slowly it is coming off. get it checked out if not maybe a nutrionist might help. i did that and now i am down 10 lbs :). goodluck!
  • armywife26
    Options
    yes. last summer the doctor found a lump on my thyroid and had to remove half of it because it was not working properly/also because i had a tumor. sometimes it just could be it works alot slower. now that i have only half it makes it that much harder to lose weight but slowly it is coming off. get it checked out if not maybe a nutrionist might help. i did that and now i am down 10 lbs :). goodluck!

thanks
  • armywife26
    Options
    Like I said, big sling geek. My other thought is maybe an ERGO - I had a Babyhawk when my munchkin was tiny and *loved* it. I loaned it to a cousin, and I miss it. XD Now that the little is bigger (coming up on three, when did that happen?!?), I'd kill for my ERGO. It's so unusual to see other babywearing mamas out there! Yay!

I know it is I love wearing the kids. Aimee is almost 21 months and I still wear her almost daily depending on what I am doing. Much more in the stores then at home now though. It is not an Ergo either.
  • armywife26
    Options

I know it is I love wearing the kids. Aimee is almost 21 months and I still wear her almost daily depending on what I am doing. Much more in the stores then at home now though. It is not an Ergo either.

it is an Action baby I LOVE IT!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed hypothyroid since 2002 due to Hashimoto's. My own thyroid has zero function and will never work again so I am dependent on synthetic hormone (what you refer to as meds) to replace what my thyroid should be producing on its own.

While it does help- you need to realize that a normal thyroid fluctuates the amount of hormone it emits based on your needs. For people like me- I get a set amount of hormone in pill form. While my bloodwork comes back in the "normal range," there are definitely days where I need more and definitely days I need less but on average- the dosage works for me to keep me in that "range."

There are days for me that are better than others and because I am so in tune with my disease, I know exactly what it feels like when my levels are off.

It is not impossible to lose weight if you have thyroid disease. If you do- make sure you see an endocrinologist who specializes in this verses a general practitioner.

Read up on Mary Shomon. The best thing to do if you have thyroid disease is to fully educate yourself on the subject so you can be your own advocate.

I took control of my health and know just about everything there is to know about hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's. Having the information allowed me to make the best decisions regarding my health.

Good luck!
  • armywife26
    Options
    I have been diagnosed hypothyroid since 2002 due to Hashimoto's. My own thyroid has zero function and will never work again so I am dependent on synthetic hormone (what you refer to as meds) to replace what my thyroid should be producing on its own.

While it does help- you need to realize that a normal thyroid fluctuates the amount of hormone it emits based on your needs. For people like me- I get a set amount of hormone in pill form. While my bloodwork comes back in the "normal range," there are definitely days where I need more and definitely days I need less but on average- the dosage works for me to keep me in that "range."

There are days for me that are better than others and because I am so in tune with my disease, I know exactly what it feels like when my levels are off.

It is not impossible to lose weight if you have thyroid disease. If you do- make sure you see an endocrinologist who specializes in this verses a general practitioner.

Read up on Mary Shomon. The best thing to do if you have thyroid disease is to fully educate yourself on the subject so you can be your own advocate.

I took control of my health and know just about everything there is to know about hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's. Having the information allowed me to make the best decisions regarding my health.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the information. I am really just hoping to get some answers even if they are you need to work harder or eat even better. Thanks
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have to say they do, I can tell the difference when I don't take them. Now things have a balance.