Staying on track at the weekend...

Options
Hi people,

I'm really loving MFP and have lost a stone since April (woop woop!) so am pretty near my target. However....now I've gotten so close I keep slacking off, espeically at the weekend! Went like 500 cals over today and made some really bad choices!

On top of this I'm struggling to workout because of a back and rib injury so I haven't done anything for nearly two weeks :O

Starting to get real demotivated....any advice or tips would be appreciated!

Tara x

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Well, as far as motivation tips - Just remember you are doing this for you. YOU want this. Do you want it more than that stupid dessert you just ate is the real question.

When I overeat, I like to play tennis, racquetball, go rock climbing, or do hill sprints to "punish" myself for it. It works for me. It's insane how you can play for 2 hours without realizing it and burn 1200 calories.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hard for me too...I try to plan ahead as much as possible. It takes the fun and spontaneity out of eating with friends a little bit, but does help control calories. Or at least I try to set aside (using the "quick calories" feature or whatever it's called) a certain number of calories for each meal and snack. So I know I've got, say, 400 calories for lunch but am free to use them how I want. Looking forward to seeing other ideas too!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Is your injury preventing you from walking?
    Walking is an under-rated form of exercise. If it is not bad for your injury, try going for a walk after you eat.
    It will help you digest what you have eaten and it will help ease any pain when you start exercising again.

As for food.
    I have been drinking water to get over hunger pains. Not excessive but a glass or two when I feel hungry between meals and/or a glass before I eat. Has been helping me control the amount of food I eat during a day.

Good luck!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    surround yourself with healthy choices. If you have junk food in your house you will probably be tempted to eat it. Can you walk due to your injury? Walking is a great and healthy way to exercise that is low maintenance on the body.
  • teeveesee
    teeveesee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies people. I don't want to wreck all the hard work I'm doing in the week by over doing it on the weekends do I?!

I'm going to try and squeeze in more walking, esp now the weather has picked up, and wait for a good recovery before picking back up 30DS again.

Can't wait til I get a phone where I can have an MFP app...then I wont have to guess all day how I'm doing only to find I've blown it in the evening!

Thanks again,

Tara