Need Help with Fresh and Fulfilling Snacks!

Options
I've recently been stuck on snack ideas, reaching for either greek yogurt, whole wheat crackers, or plain popcorn. I want to add in fresh snacks: fruits, veggies, cheese - the works! Does anyone have any go-to fresh snacks that are easy to prepare and satisfying?

Thanks!

Replies

• golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sliced apples with peanut butter - Jif has to go cups of PB. I like to cut up a bunch of fresh fruit (pineapple, kiwis, strawberries) and wash blueberries and raspberries and keep them in containers in my fridge.

Mini babybel cheeses or cheese sticks

Sliced turkey with cream cheese rolled up

Banana sliced up with chocolate PB2 on each

Not a big veggie person, but celery/carrot sticks with ranch
    A lot of grocery stores now do a lot of the prep work and you can buy veggies/fruit ready to eat. Costs a bit more, but it's a huge timesaver!
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Humus and celery/carrot sticks.
    Fazer rye biscuit, smoked salmon, ricotta, cucumber and Spanish onion/red. Smoked salmon is tasty and does not need cooking. Also last a long yime in the fridge.
  • 6pkdreamer
    Options
    Fazer rye biscuit, ricotta, cucumber, sliced boiled egg spinkled with a little curry powder.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are apples w/ peanut butter, celery with cream cheese, and roasted almonds.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    6pkdreamer wrote: »
    Fazer rye biscuit, ricotta, cucumber, sliced boiled egg spinkled with a little curry powder.

Interesting! Will try the curry powder next time I make an egg. Love mpf for these great ideas!!

• 6pkdreamer
    Options
    joobey wrote: »

Interesting! Will try the curry powder next time I make an egg. Love mpf for these great ideas!!

I have fallen in love with Fazer biscuit that are made in Finland. Only about 3 or 4 incredients. Available in Australia not sure about rest of world. I boil about half dozen eggs refrigerate. Keeps much longer if left in shell.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I have fallen in love with Fazer biscuit that are made in Finland. Only about 3 or 4 incredients. Available in Australia not sure about rest of world. I boil about half dozen eggs refrigerate. Keeps much longer if left in shell.

I've never heard of fazer biscuits

• 6pkdreamer
    Options

I've never heard of fazer biscuits

Not that common in Australia. What country are you from?
  • 3nails1love
    3nails1love Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I saw hummus was mentioned, another idea is spicy roasted chickpeas.
  • GettingThere62
    GettingThere62 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A couple of Medjool dates.
  • 6pkdreamer
    Options
    I saw hummus was mentioned, another idea is spicy roasted chickpeas.

Chickpeas roasted are nice but I struggle to get it right. Ive also made felafel from dried chickpeas soaked overnight then processed with other ingredients. Unbelievably nice. Made 100 in a batch and froze most. 10x better then bought ones. Chick peas are so versatile.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks:
    Almonds + cheese sticks
    Toasted high fiber wrap + hummus or salsa or peanut butter or cheese or lunch meat
    Cottage cheese + avocado or peanut butter
    Greek yogurt + frozen berries
    Low cal hot chocolate + peanut butter
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    mixed nuts, green smoothie, veggies & homemade dip, cheese slice, peanut butter & banana