Calorie-Free Chocolate Cake

Options
V44V
V44V Posts: 366 Member
Now that I have your attention... Been here for 3 months, have a few friends already who are great.

Looking for more and additional support/motivation as I'm about sign up for Men's Health Survival of the Fittest Tri-Nations? Three consecutive weekends of 10km assault courses in Nottingham, Cardiff and Edinburgh.

It's in October, I regularly (3/4 times a week) run 5km's and started on 6km's last night. I mix it up with swimming, cycling, the elliptical trainer squash and weights during the week so I should be able to run/walk/crawl them!

Anyone else done/doing anything similar?

Replies

• LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Afraid not... but I have to say I think you now should come up with the recipe for a calorie free chocolate cake! Lol! That was cruel!!!
    :sad: :sad: :laugh:
  • missmeg1970
    missmeg1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really think you need some time in the naughty corner !!!!!
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    you can definitely train and do it by then!!

good luck and keep us posted!!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    where is the cake, where is the cake, WHERE IS THAT DAMNED CAAAAAKE?????????

oh, you're such a MEANIE! *pouts*
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Afraid not... but I have to say I think you now should come up with the recipe for a calorie free chocolate cake! Lol! That was cruel!!!
    :sad: :sad: :laugh:
    [/quote

I know what you are saying. Where is the cake recipe???
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    lol because I was tempted and looked....I went and found a low cal recipe for chocolate cake and posted it for everyone.
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    MEANIE!
  • natashaamee
    natashaamee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hate you.
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    make sure you do some extra training with regards to upper body strenght as its not just the running part...i recently was looking it up as i use to live in cardiff ( miss it dearly ) and my boyfriend likes these sort of events ( did the tough guy a few years ago )...i also was the asst. director / girl friday for a race in vermont called the death race so i know what things people talked about "killing them"

the course ( running part ) is fairly flatish ( some gentle hills ) nothing to even worry about ( however hill training will make you faster / better able to cope with the wind down near the water)...it more the various "challenges" along the route that will be more draining...and thats where the weight training will be very helpful...i'd recommend HIIT as it will help with obstacles

2 cents
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Very tricky Mr! :P
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My bad... Made you look tho!!!