Rookie salad question

Options
If a prepackaged salad with a little pot of dressing in, say, Pret or a supermarket gives nutritional information 'per pack as prepared', would you assume it includes the dressing? There is no nutritional information on the dressing separately. I feel like it should be obvious but I can't decide if 'yes' or 'no' is more obvious...

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Tough to say. If it doesn't have separate info for the dressing, it SHOULD include everything in the package.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If there is no info on the dressing, I would say it is included. You could probably get a better idea by looking at the fat grams. Depending on what is in the salad, it probably isn't very high in fat, but salad dressing typically is unless is is fat free...
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    if its included in the package, then yes, it is including the dressing as well. An easy way to also figure out is look at the ingredients. If there are things on the ingredient list that are not in just the salad, then that is a sure way to know.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, single serving packages always include everything in the package (unless they state otherwise, and it would be obvious if they did).
  • violet_wister
    violet_wister Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    dietstokes wrote: »
    if its included in the package, then yes, it is including the dressing as well. An easy way to also figure out is look at the ingredients. If there are things on the ingredient list that are not in just the salad, then that is a sure way to know.
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Yes, single serving packages always include everything in the package (unless they state otherwise, and it would be obvious if they did).

Thanks so much! I knew it must be obvious...
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Although saying that.... supermarkets will give you all the information, but Pret quite often quotes their undressed salad calories, but their website is quite good with nutritional details.