Protein

Options
Hi!! I am actually on diet to loose some weight I am vegetarian but I am struggling with my proteins. I don't have enough protein trough the day. If anyone can help or have any idea. Thank you.

Replies

• Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Whey Protein shakes! Find one you like and have one a day
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Eggs, cottage cheese, yoghurt and as @Buff_Man says: whey powder.
  • helenrosec1
    helenrosec1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Tofu, quorn mince, eggs, nuts, beans, chickpeas, quinoa, cheese.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt. I rely on protein shakes as I struggle to meet my protein goal otherwise.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yogurt (have you tried Skyr like Siggi's or Smari? Also greek like Fage. Just found a stonyfield Whole Milk Greek version I like!)
    Cheese.
    Eggs.
    Protein bars.
  • chriscaverzieux
    chriscaverzieux Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Milk, Babybel light, tofu, lentils, edamame, etc.

Personally, every morning I mix 2% plain greek yogurt with 1 scoop of protein powder. Tastes really good IMO
    =240 calories, 9g carbs 5g fat and 40g(!) protein. Great way to start your day :smiley:
  • AryaG08
    AryaG08 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you considered lentils ? When I lost a bunch of weight a couple of years ago, that what I ate for meals, coupled with eggs for breakfast, Greek yogurt for snacking and whey protein shakes pre-workout . Am doing that again. Mung bean and red lentils are easy to cook too.
  • leaj1984
    leaj1984 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yogurt, protein powders, cereal bars... egg whites...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Good ideas above! I also eat tempeh, beans/legumes of all types, dry-roasted soybeans or crispy chickpeas for snacks, edamame, quinoa, chickpea pasta, black bean pasta, edamame/mung pasta, peanut butter, nuts & seeds in reasonable portions.

Also, put a priority on eating vegetables (and even fruits) with a bit of protein, in preference to those with none. It's typically a small amount, but lots of small contributions through the day will add up, and eating a variety will somewhat mitigate the typically lower quality (amino acid completeness) of vegetable protein.

Also, check out this thread: Carbs and Fats are cheap. Here's a Guide to getting your PROTEIN's worth. Fiber also...

The spreadsheet it references has foods ranked by protein efficiency, i.e. higher amount of protein per calorie. You'll see meat proteins at the top, but you'll find good veggie ones if you scroll down. Find foods you like on that list, then eat more of those and less of other caloric foods that don't give you protein.
  • CarpStylist
    CarpStylist Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, quinoa, Greek yogurt...protein is in a lot of things. Try Protowhey protein powder. It's sooooo delicious and has the least amount of sugar I have found and tastes so good. Like a vanilla malt!