Snacks

RaquelJean
RaquelJean Posts: 1 Member
I am just restarting the effort to lose weight. I would love some new ideas about healthy snacks as I feel hungry all the time right now. Thanks for some new ideas!

Replies

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Cut up half an avocado and wrap each slice in a thin slice of ham. Celery stick with homemade pimento cheese. Cheese sticks. 1oz Pecan or Brazil nuts

That's all I have in my arsenal I'm afraid, I'm not a big snack eater anymore. When I did snack I would cut up 4oz strawberries, Halos, Banana, 1oz chips and I would make the Banana Granola Bar recipe from MFP
  • lornyb
    lornyb Posts: 3 Member
    I make "turnip chips" slice turnip into long sticks, spray with one cal spray oil and put in oven till browned and crispy v tasty
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    edited April 2016
    I cut up wheat tortilla (for thin chips) OR wheat pita bread (for thick chips) into small triangles/ rectangles "light spray" of olive oil, seasonings of your choice. Crisp up in oven to make chips to use wth hummous or salsa to dip.
    I also like 1/2 cup cottage cheese with dried dill and a bit of diced cucumber mixed in by itself or wth a plain rice cake.
  • fry5150
    fry5150 Posts: 34 Member
    I am always on the look out for additional snack ideas. Since I tend to be busy during the day I keep a variety of protein/balance bars in my desk drawer so I have options depending on dietary needs for the day.
  • thewildair
    thewildair Posts: 31 Member
    Make yourself develop a taste for veggies. Things like broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, and peppers are so low in calories that you can eat handfuls of them and hardly take a dent out of your calorie allowance. Some fruits are better than others -- berries like raspberries and blueberries are good snacks, and strawberries aren't too bad either. Bananas and apples are higher in calories, but also very filling for in between meals.

Nuts are pretty calorie dense, but if you measure out portions ahead of time, you can eat them slowly, and they have a lot of good nutrients -- a lot of them are really good for brain function.

When I'm really craving salty things like chips, I find that really crunchy dill pickles are pretty satisfying, and they're very low calorie. When I'm craving sweets, a square of good quality dark chocolate really hits the spot.

When all is said and done, you can eat anything and still lose weight as long as you keep your portions sensible so that you come in under your calorie allowance.