Loosing weight is not easy

Options
Hi I work for KFC and have been told by Diabieties nurse to loose weight, so I have made a start but it is not easy. Needed help with kick start so taking Bydureon which has helped kick start the weight loss. As soon as a healthier weight I can go it alone (without the drugs)
I have stopped the fizzy drinks, Tango my was weakness (27gms of suger per 22oz) *6 daily really adds up. For help/advice needed or given please chat

Replies

• smburton86
    smburton86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you like the fizz, I use and recommend flavored carbonated water.
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm not diabetic but I definitely understand fizzy drinks - Coke was always my weakness! Now I have a Coke Zero a couple of times a week, and I started drinking sparkling water sometimes. Weight loss definitely isn't easy but I've found having friends here who are doing the same is a great for support and advice, so feel free to add me :)
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You mean Kentucky Fried Chicken? if so, I would imagine that would make it tougher. Bring lunches and snacks from home and tell yourself you will not eat anything else until you get this under control. It is not easy to lose, and maintenance is no picnic either. It's a daily struggle, some days worse than others. I have found it was very important for me to realize I cannot and CHOOSE not to eat like I see others doing. I cannot eat like I used to...I accept it and after a couple of years, it is easier. Good luck!!
  • brett28elliott
    brett28elliott Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Always remember taste is only temporary
  • KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just cut it out completely cold turkey style lol now i only have it if its a special occasion, feel free to add me
  • Trevortal71
    Trevortal71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cheers peeps all positive words. Stopped smoking/drinking coffee and adding salt to foods around 8 years ago. Now starting on the weight loss. Already having to add a belt to trousers so all looking positive. When I apply it will happen.
  • Frank_Jr
    Frank_Jr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight isn't easy my friend. You are 100% correct. It seems like you are on the right path. Take it slow and steady. Have you started a workout plan?