Any other Single Full-time Working Moms?

Options
Just wondering if there are any other single full-time working moms out there?

It's sooo hard to get int he exercise time!!

Replies

• King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    What about single full-time working dads? Not too hard depending on age of child. My daughter started going to the gym with me at 3 yrs old. She will also do exercise programs like T25 or yoga with me at home.

If they are too young or unmotivated to join, give them your cell phone to watch kiddy videos and get your work out in.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm not single, but my husband works out of town for 2-3 weeks at a time. It's hard to get in exercise time with things going on. However, I have some great videos and my 5 year old generally joins in with me. My littles often go along on their bikes or scooters when I am jogging, and I make sure they have the opportunity to go along with me. I work around all the other activities like baseball practice and soccer. While they are busy on the field, I'm lapping them. Cooking dinner is generally a 10-15 minute meal prep. If it goes in the oven for 30 minutes, that means I can sneak in my workout. Best of luck to you. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it, and having your children do it with you teaches them valuable lessons on healthy living.
  • lisaishere
    lisaishere Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been squeezing in a half hour in the morning - in my basement. One of the beach-body videos. I have to get up at 6am to do this, then shower, then get the kids off to school, then I leave my house for work at 7:30am, and I don't get home until 7:30pm from work. I have four kids, ages 7, 7, 9 and 13, and they are on top of me when I get home (understandably, they miss me and I miss them!)! When I get home, it's dinner, cleanup, homework and bathing. By then it's 9:30 (sometimes 10). Then I put them to bed, and by then I am exhausted!

I feel like 30m a day is not enough for weight loss. It's only a 200-250 calorie burn... Sometimes I get up and do a 30 to 60 minute walk at lunch if my day is not too busy. I wish there was more time in a day! So hard to fit everything in.
  • laze_b
    laze_b Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just have to join gyms that have child care available. While it is more expensive than the $10 a month gyms, it leaves room for no excuses.
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a single working mom. I can't afford a gym membership but I walk for nearly an hour most days on my lunch break. When the kids are with their dad I will go for a run or do an exercise DVD in the mornings. Plus, I've recently started doing a Zumba class one evening a week. I wish I had some equipment at home to do some strength training since I pretty much just do cardio. Definitely hard to fit it all in.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    lisaishere wrote: »
    I have been squeezing in a half hour in the morning - in my basement. One of the beach-body videos. I have to get up at 6am to do this, then shower, then get the kids off to school, then I leave my house for work at 7:30am, and I don't get home until 7:30pm from work. I have four kids, ages 7, 7, 9 and 13, and they are on top of me when I get home (understandably, they miss me and I miss them!)! When I get home, it's dinner, cleanup, homework and bathing. By then it's 9:30 (sometimes 10). Then I put them to bed, and by then I am exhausted!

I feel like 30m a day is not enough for weight loss. It's only a 200-250 calorie burn... Sometimes I get up and do a 30 to 60 minute walk at lunch if my day is not too busy. I wish there was more time in a day! So hard to fit everything in.

Weight loss happens in the kitchen, not by working out. Working out helps to maintain the muscle and gives you a few extra calories to eat. As long as you eat at your deficit, you'll lose the weight. Thirty minutes a day is a great commitment to your body. You keep it up and you'll reach your goals in no time!