Over 40 work out and nutrition.

Options
MT . Getting healthy at 50.

Replies

• karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just started making my own smoothies and getting healthier. Working out at least one hour and eating much better than I ever have.. at 50 too.
  • thigsten
    thigsten Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello from Connecticut.
    I do a 45 minutes full body workout at home at 5am. Protein and vitamins before work. So far so good.
  • thigsten
    Options
    And yes...eating better. Nothing after 8pm
  • kbrulin
    kbrulin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    22 lbs lost this year. Still have a way to but feeling proud!
  • thigsten
    Options
    Great job!
    I lost 8lbs so far. I still have a bit to go myself. I was off today, but can't wait to make the fat cry tomorrow!!
  • thigsten
    Options
    How's everything going
  • michellemaeb
    michellemaeb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So true working out and staying fit at 20...at 30...at 40 os sure different
  • thigsten
    Options
    I agree
    The hard part is when you go out . And trying to remember not to ruin what you worked hard for.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'll be 48 in September so I'm close to 50. ;) I've lost 24 lbs since Feb 2nd of this year. Slow going now that I'm closer to my goal. I have about 10 more I'd like to lose.
  • thigsten
    Options
    Your doing great. If you feel your progress is slowing down. Try changing up your work out. Sometimes I go from the end of my workout to the beginning. It sounds crazy, but your body responds. :)
  • TurquoiseViolet
    TurquoiseViolet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    At 30 it was like my metabolism ran into a brick wall and just stopped. I had just had a baby right before I turned 40 and was still nursing so I noticed the change more gradually then. I recently just started working out and using MFP again and it definitely helps. But I am more motivated now then when I was when I was younger, and physically can complete more now.