What does fitness mean to you and why do you love It?

Options
Is it the pump.. or is it because when you lift/run you feel free or is it simply just because you look dammmm good when you workout! Let me know what fitness means to you and why you love it! :smiley:

Replies

• MiikeCholas
    MiikeCholas Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Awesome post bro love it
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I like to eat. Running helps me do more of that, so I run. I don't "love it" per se, but somehow this bugger has managed to get under my skin that I feel fidgety and irritable when I don't, like something I need is missing.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    ^^ same as above!! I love food...find it difficult to starve but I also want to look good...so I workout...but I am loving the whole package of healthier,fitter,stronger me!!

P.S I could barely run when I was skinny!! Now I am doing last week of c210k
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    msf74 - love your post

Mine is staying off medication. 30 minutes a day is much better than 30 pills a day.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    It means I sleep better, walk a bit taller, don't worry about the scale as much because the inches are flying off.
    It also means feeling better about myself mentally as well as physically.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Food is good and I want to eat a lot of it without gaining weight or having to do cardio every day. Luckily, lifting has become a huge passion of mine and I genuinely enjoy training. It's my "me time" and even though my results aren't mind blowing and I still have work to do, the changes I've seen in my body are amazing. I like the feeling of being strong. I like the burn. I like having sore muscles (which rarely happens anymore, but it's still nice when it does). I like seeing my strength slowly increase. I like pushing myself and I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment after a good workout. But mostly...because food. :smile:
  • kelvinrfranklin
    kelvinrfranklin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to the MFP Forums but saw this post and had to say something. Fitness is a how everyone expresses their own art. Fitness is the discovery of self. Fitness is breaking through barriers. Fitness is practice for everyday living. Fitness is where failure is accepted because it teaches you how to do it better next time. Fitness is the white canvas and we are the paint, the color or the sculptor.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Fitness is getting laid more often than if I was fat. The mix of being attractive to the opposite sex and the sense of confidence that comes with it.

Just being real.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Running has made me appreciate my body for what it's capable of, rather than placing the value on how it looks. When I get done with a long or fast run, I feel like superwoman.

It also gives me a lot of extra calories, and I really love to drink. So there's also that.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    For me, working out is a tool to help me fight my anxiety and depression. I just FEEL better when I am working out regularly. If I miss my chance to work out, I feel irritable, like something is missing. I crave exercise. It's my happy place.

It's also helping me get down to a healthier weight, so that's another reason to keep doing it.
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It really helps my anxiety. Also I'm an alcoholic and it is my new addiction that I switched to.
  • icee0128
    icee0128 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So It took me moving states to realize how much fun working out is. Before I would switch gyms every few month to yearly if I got bored, working out alone. Mind you, I moved from the rainy state of wa, to a sunny vibrant state to tx, specifically Austin. Super healthy and fit city, tons of outdoor gyms, and friendly vibe all around. And more importantly, outdoor activities. I'm a member to an outdoor strenth/cardio gym where we run and lift like crazy, always sore, and grown to love and crave more. I love the sweat I get and the pain it brings me as well as the challenge that come with it. I see myself getting stronger and leaner and it makes me want more. I love it! Finally getting my diet in check so I can be a healthier version of myself. That's what fitness is to me :)
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love getting on my bike and riding faster and further. I've never been good at any sports, and never felt competitive. But now I love being able to ride up hills faster than my friends!