Breastfeeding, energy needing!!!

Options
Hi! So I'm breast feeding, and super drained. My oldest has had some pretty serious health issues, in the last year and a half, as well. Anyone have any breast feeding friendly tips to increase energy? I'm so zapped.

Replies

• TurquoiseViolet
    TurquoiseViolet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your oldest, I hope everything is ok.

It is has been about a year and a half since I nursed so I am trying to think back. I do remember being exhausted all the time. I had to supplement with my daughter and I don't remember being as tired as I was with my son who I didn't supplement with. Although, she was a sleeper where he wasn't and I was 7 years older when I had him so who knows. But I am rambling. I do remember taking little cat naps, 10 mins when I could and going for little walks.

If I think of anything else I will add on.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Eat some fruit while your nursing. That helped me to not pass out during feedings.
  • TheUwuest
    TheUwuest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This may not be terribly helpful but get some light exercise when you can, maybe just a short walk or jog, short "power" naps, around 20 minutes. For food, push calcium obviously, but some things give more slow-released energy over a longer period of time, like whole grains, fruit and vegetables (especially starchier ones like eggplant, carrot, etc.) And maybe occasional black tea for a little caffeine when you really need it.
  • marthapetersen1987
    marthapetersen1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I still am nursing also. I feel like the more lean protein the better!
  • jenaijen
    jenaijen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Been there, for sure! I have two little ones, and what's made a HUGE dif for me are these pure fruit and veggie capsules. No chemicals, no additives, just pure food, condensed. You can pm me if you'd like to chat more about it :)
  • radlilstar
    radlilstar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I appreciate all of your tips (and ramblings :smile:) I'm going to try some more fruit, and ashamed to say, have been allowing myself a half cup of coffee, a day. I've also been more active than my body wants me to, so that's good! My mind is tooootally into it, and my body is like "ha!!! Classic mind! You're so funny! Let's eat and do that running thing, tomorrow"
    It is so awesome to have people to talk to, though! I feel like that's a huge motivator!

• kaylee_jayksen
    kaylee_jayksen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm breastfeeding too (my little princess is 3 & a half weeks old!) I feel like the best thing (for me- we're all different) is eating non-processed foods. I mean, obviously we have all the extra time to prepare it